Location: Addis Ababa, AA, ET
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for CO Finance Officer for Disbursement Section for Country Office who will be reporting to the CO Finance Coordinator.
Dimensions of the Role
- Prepare summery sheet for monthly payroll and post it within the time period.
- Post transactions that comes through log department process.
- Prepare/Post travel and project advances.
- Work on prepayment balances and their subsequent monthly amortization like office rentals, GPA insurance, etc.
- Share & Prepare part of quarterly and year end schedules/ Reports related to the area of the Job assigned.
· Post payments coming through log. Dept. system
· Prepare/update/facilitate bank signatory lists and new bank opening.
· Maintain and update/review staff medical fund before processing subsequent refunds.
· Prepare summery sheet for monthly payroll and post it within the time period.
· Prepare/post Travel and Project advances
· Review Monthly Staff Outstanding advances & Communicate to payroll team
· Post Petty cash replenishments
· Review Cash deposit slips
· Work on balances of prepayments & their subsequent monthly amortizations, like Office Rentals, GPA insurances, etc.
· Share & Prepare part of quarterly and year end schedules/ Reports related to the area of the Job assigned.
· Distribution checks to beneficiaries timely.
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- B.A. degree in Accounting Business Administration, Finance, and other related field. At least five years of relevant experience (after graduation) with
- Open to new idea.
- Working knowledge at NGO environment.
- Flexible behaviour.
- Knowledge of accounting and Ethiopian tax laws
- Good analytical skill and Personal judgement
Skills Specific to the Post
- Knowledge on computer applications; Excel, word, etc.
- Good communication skills
- Who can manage stress full working environment
Competencies and values
- Promotes initiatives
- Ethical, supportive and team player
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Able to work with minimum supervision on his/ her area of assignments
- Enthusiasm to represent Plan International Ethiopia to others in good faith
Leadership Attitudes & Behaviours
- Able to appreciate team work and willing to work towards common goals.
The closing date for the application is March 23, 2020.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
See Job Detail or Apply