Finance Officer – Budget & Financial Analysis
Finance Officer – Budget & Financial Analysis
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: March 20, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Finance Officer support the Budget & Financial Reporting Manager in the application principles of accounting to analyze past and present financial operations and estimates future revenues and expenditures to prepare budget.
- Assist the Senior Budget & Financial Analysis Manager and coordinates activities of personnel responsible for formulation, monitoring and presentation of budgets for controlling funds to implement program objectives of public and private organizations.
- Assist on the compilation of data based on statistical studies and analyses of past and current years to prepare budgets and to justify funds requested.
- Preparation of regular and special budget as required to MOFEC on MoFEC Templates and interpret budget directives to establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Present monthly cash flow and Payment Requests to MoFEC.
- Preparation of regular and Year End reports to MOFEC.
- Preparation of Bank reconciliation for Z and B accounts every month.
- Recording of all financial transaction into IBEX/IFMIS in a timely manner.
- Regular reconciliation of balance sheet items and follow up of long outstanding balances for clearance.
- Checking proper documentation of financial documents before and after the payment is effective and safely keeping the documents also provide the documents when needs arise.
- Assist in the Reviewing of operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes in order to facilitate long-term planning.
- Support in the preparation of comparative analyses of operating programs by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years and submits reports to manager of organization with recommendations for budget revisions.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the Agencies original budget during budget development. This involves extensive interaction with the program staffs within the organization and other external stakeholders including MoFED and other donors Support to establishes budgeting systems and procedures; analyzes and monitors program budgets and expenditures for compliance with the Ethiopian Government policy and funding agency guidelines.
- Assist in analyzes budget data, prepares and revises cost projections and budget and expense projections for multiple programs and funds; analyzes and monitors line item expenses; provides supervisor with historical information; makes budget recommendations; initiates, transmits, and posts budget and expense transfers.
- Assists with, reviews, and creates, annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly reports, counts, audits and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Budget & Financial Reporting Manager.
- BA/BSc or MA/MSc in Accounting, Management or other relevant fields of study.
- More than 5 years (for Bachelors) or 3 years (for Masters) of relevant experience as Finance Officer or Budget Officer.
- Knowledge of local laws of the country.
- Willingness in working long hours and ability to work with other teams.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft applications such as Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, QuickBooks, IBEX etc. Experience in ERP is an advantage.
- Ability to managing multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Fluency in English and Amharic in essential.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://ift.tt/2YfbfuK
It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email.
Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply