Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The five-year READ II project, funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, maintaining filling system and documentation in adherence to appropriate accounting control procedures.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Assistant will report to Regional Finance Coordinator.
- Ensure that payment request documents are duly filled out and signed by the appropriate persons with the necessary and required supporting documents attached in compliance with all CAII procedures and policies, donor requirements as well as the law of the country.
- Responsible for maintaining well organized filling systems for finance files and records and assist in retrieval of financial documentation whenever necessary.
- Ensure completeness of financial documentation for every transaction as per finance and procurement documentation checklist, coordinate with pertinent units to gather necessary documents.
- Serve as petty cash custodian for the office, handling all petty cash matters, ensuring petty cash management goes in line with Creative’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out scanning and uploading of scanned documents to SharePoint ensuring quality of scanned documents.
- Handle administrative functions of the finance unit such as drafting correspondences related to financial/accounting functions, maintaining project administrative files, and undertaking other administrative management functions such as photocopying, scanning and filing of documents.
- Handle bank correspondences.
- Perform payment to participants during training, workshops, and meetings as assigned by Regional Finance Coordinator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- At least B.A. Degree in Accounting required.
- Must have at least three years of general work experience.
- Must have at least two years of specialized experience relevant to accounting.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English highly desired, Medium level required.
How to Apply
Creative invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 25, 2020. Please make sure to indicate the JOB TITLE you’re applying for in the subject line of your email. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should consist of a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae a maximum of three pages with 3 professional references, the persons’ telephone number & email address.
See Job Detail or Apply