Finance and Administration Officer
Under general administrative supervision of the Programs Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer handles all financial, procurement, property administration, and Human resources activities within the Area Programs Office; receives documents of income and purchase; verifies, consolidates and prepares meaningful financial reports; assists the Programs Manager in budget preparation and target setting, monitoring area office budgets, ensuring that sufficient cash is available at the Area Programs Office; maintains records of stock movements, and keeps up-to-date pertinent records of the Area Programs Office books of accounts.
- Properly codes and records Area Programs Office expenditure, income and any other related transactions in the books of accounts.
- Receives payment requests, checks supporting documents and coding for completeness and proper authorization; and writes cheques and corresponding payment vouchers.
- Handles and properly keeps cheque books in safe custody.
- Effects payment of cheques against receipts/invoices and proper signature of the recipient
- Makes sure that all financial irregularities observed at Area Programs Office timely reported to Finance Department.
- Ensures valid cash receipts/invoices are delivered to finance for all cheques issued to Payees.
- Records stock receipts, transfers and consumptions of Centres, Mobile Services and Social Franchising activities in suitable accounting software;
- Ensures that monthly stock count is carried out by the stores, obtain the count result, check count against record balances;
- Reviews monthly income against deposits to banks and identify collections other than service income;
- Performs clearance of long outstanding advances and stock variances;
- Prepares and submit other regular or on request financial reports, as per the reporting requirements of MSIE, government agencies and other project funders;
- Prepares payroll for temporary and contract employees and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (taxes, advance, loan....);
- Checks all clinic receipt, invoices and petty cash payments;
- Participates in the annual physical count of stock and fixed assets;
- Ensures maintenance of memorandum records for all capital goods (long-term assets) with a value below the organizations capitalization policy with proper and easy identification;
- Ensures that all financial and procurement transactions at the Area Program Office are conducted per MSIE’s financial policies and procedures and procurement regulations as well as following donor compliance requirements;
- Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned to him/her.
Human Resource Related Activities
- Ensures the proper implementation of MSIE’s Human Resources Policy Manual and the Labour Code of Ethiopia in Area Programs Office;
- Prepares Human Resources Planning to ensure sustainable supply of the right personnel
- Organizes recruitment programs, participate in recruitment and selection of team members as required in consultation with Human Resources team and Programs Manager
- Ensures the timely renewal/termination of staff contracts and Liaise with all units in the Area Programs Office;
- Updates and maintain all records of team members leave, in their personnel files and ensure that leave is taken as per the plan of the organization and reported to head quarter HR Department;
- Updates and keep files of team members’ history and prepare monthly statistical report and liaise the report with Support Office;
- Participates in Human Resources Policy and Procedure manual preparation, updating and other related issues;
- Assists in coordinating regular performance management programs of MSIE Area Programs Office;
- Assists in administering team members’ entitlements, allowances, benefits, and incentives.
- Maintains personnel records at Area Programs Office level.
- Prepares periodic reports on Human Resources related activities
Procurement and Property Administration
- Manage procurement activities at the Area Programs Office level;
- Prepares and reviews specifications and other necessary documents related to local purchasing of materials, supplies, and equipment based on MSIE regulations and procedures with the highest possible expected quality;
- Raises purchase requisitions and orders for purchases at the Area Programs Office level;
- Leads the Area Programs Office procurement committee;
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interest of MSIE taking into account best value for money;
- Prepares Procurement Plan for the Area Programs Office;
- Ensure that proper safety and security mechanisms are in place at Area Programs Office;
- Maintains fixed asset register and keep a custodian sheet signed by users for property under their custody;
- Assists in the proposal and disposal process of damaged, obsolete, expired materials;
- Check completeness and accuracy of vehicle log books and put signature every day;
- Check the timely fuelling, maintenance and servicing of vehicles assigned to the Area Programs Office;
- Make sure daily and monthly vehicle related checklists and reports are used and submitted on time;
- Handles Area Programs Office lease agreements and ensures their timely renewal;
- Perform related tasks as required.
MA/BA in Accounting, Finance or Management
Four/Six years of relevant experience
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good skill in Computer Literate
- Keen aptitude in system development
- Competence level at proficiency level
- Good communications
- Interpersonal relationship
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Support Office, Addis Ababa
Employment Type: 6 months with possible extension
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
See Job Detail or Apply