Finance and Administration Manager
§ Master of Business or Finance degree and CPA or a relevant degree from a recognized University or equivalent preferred;
§ At least 10 years of experience managing finances for large NGO programs with direct experience managing the finances and administration of USAID-funded projects;
Knowledge and Skills
§ Experience of USAID business practices and detailed knowledge of policies and procedures;
§ Extensive experience with project financial management, including financial controls, accounting, and audit, as well as financial reporting;
§ Good interpersonal skills and experience working in a multi-cultural environment;
§ Fluency in written and spoken English.
About Amref Health Africa
Founded in 1957 in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa is the largest Africa-based international NGO, reaching 35 countries. We work to ensure every African can enjoy the right to health services by helping create vibrant networks of informed communities that work with empowered health care providers in strong health systems. Amref has over half a century of experience in delivering health care and building health systems in Africa, partnering with those at the heart of communities to bring lasting health change.
Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local communities to implement diversified health and WASH project portfolios throughout the country, focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal, Child, Adolescent and Youth Health (RMNCAYH), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases. We implement projects in Addis Ababa, Afar, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, SNNP regions and nationwide health systems strengthening interventions focusing on the Health Extension Program.
Amref Health Africa is recruiting a Finance and Administration Manager to be based in Addis Ababa (Country Office). S/he will report to the Principal Investigator.
Position: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports to: Principal Investigator
The Finance & Admin will be responsible for the management of all of the project’s financial and administrative operations and work with the Principle Investigator to oversee program functions, support, and guidelines. The Finance and Administration Manager will serve as the focal person for all budget and disbursement processes of the Project. The role will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the management team as well as day to day management of finance, information technology and administration functions of the project.
Financial Management and Reporting
· Co-ordinate and review project budget development and ensure match between the program personnel and the field teams. Ensure accurate coding of expenses and full compliance with Amref Health Africa internal and CDC requirements.
· Ensure that CDC rules and regulations are complied with in all transactions and processes; keep the Country Finance Manager informed of all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
· Actively participate in generation and interpretation of monthly financial reports and communicate key indicators to the stakeholders.
· Generate grant cash flow plans in coordination with the Country Finance Manager to ensure that sufficient cash is available for project implementation.
· Oversee the management of leases, contracts and other financial commitments
· Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the project is compliant.
· Collaborate with the Principal Investigator and other key personnel to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and financial provisions;
· Ensure compliance with US government rules and regulations and Amref Health Africa policies and procedures in implementation of all program financial activities.
How to apply:
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through Etrecruitment@amref.org , ethijobs.com or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is March 20, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.