- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is a global nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Working with public sector and private partners, we harness the power of people and systems to improve education, health promotion and care, workforce preparation, communications technologies, and civic engagement. Founded in 1958, EDC’s headquarters are located in Waltham MA, USA. We also have offices in New York City and Washington, DC, USA. EDC implements projects in over 35 countries.
The five-year READ II project, funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
The Driver will provide transportation support to project staff for project-related activities. The Driver maintains project vehicles and log of vehicle use, cleans and follow up on vehicles services timeframe for the wellbeing of the vehicles in conformity with EDC’s Safety and Security Policies.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION:
The Driver will report to the Regional Logistics Officer.
- Driving, maintaining and servicing the project vehicles in keeping with the highest safety standards.
- Ensuring proper long-term and day-to-day maintenance of all vehicles, including checking oil and other fluids, battery, brakes, tires, and other critical equipment.
- Performing pick-ups, deliveries, repairs and makes purchases of office supplies as directed by supervisor.
- Keeping log of vehicle use, maintenance, and service.
- Greeting and directing visitors.
- Arranging for the collection and delivery of mail or documents, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by superiors within the driver’s capacity.
- High school diploma is required.
- At least one year of prior experience as a driver in Addis Ababa is required.
- NGO experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Ability to work independent with minimal or no supervision.
- Computer literate and basic skills and qualification in motor mechanics are added advantage.
- Proven punctuality and ability to work as part of a team and excellent references a must.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Display cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
How to apply
Deadline for application submission is December 14, 2019 at 5pm Ethiopia Time.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants can submit their CV in person at the READ II- Addis Ababa Office
Addis Ababa Education Bureau
1st Floor -READ II Office
Around 6 Kilo – Next to Leadership Institution Boulding
Only candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
See Job Detail or Apply