Director Client Services Account Manager
Job Title: Director Client Services Account Manager
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The individual in this position will be accountable for the overall operational client relationship, optimizing performance, identifying and enabling services and capabilities. The client advocate within Visa. The individual will be required to manage a range of complex operational/ technical problems of diverse scope and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions without requiring guidance, except where escalating to management is appropriate. The individual is considered a functional expert and must have a strong understanding of the Client’s processing and operational business.
- Serve as an escalation point for Regional Signature Clients for day-to-day technical operational support of all VisaNet products, services, processing questions and issues.
- Represents client business and processing priorities to internal and external stakeholders for support and account planning activities
- Identify, recommend and monitor, where appropriate, operational cost savings and/or revenue enhancements opportunities for Clients and Visa.
- Provides guidance on Client processing strategies, environments, interfaces and business priorities.
- Provides consultancy for onboarding, client migrations, processing, services & initiatives
- Stay abreast of new rules, products and services, and industry and technology trends to be able to support Visa strategic goals and Client initiatives.
- Maintain relationship with Clients to understand local market needs and trends and gain insight on the need to enhance the support approach provided.
- Identifies processing solutions and value-added solutions for Clients.
- Responsible for local market view: operational, regulatory and payment systems knowledge requirements
- Identifying opportunities to Authorization, billing, dispute performance management and optimization
- Providing processing efficiencies through operational engagement
- Coordinating, communicating and assessing client readiness for mandates, enterprise and market initiatives such as Business Enhancements
- Provides client education on payment technology card processing and business parameters, as well as other client specific education based on support trends or new service implementations.
- Serves as the clients’ continuous coach and trainer.
- Coordinate with other Visa teams to expedite the resolution and implementation of solutions to ensure that all Visa products and services operate at the highest level of performance.
- Work closely with Support Lines and Project Implementation teams to prioritize projects, issues resolution strategies and be able to support organizational objectives.
- Maintain relationship with internal and external Clients to understand assigned market needs and trends, and gain insight on the need to enhance support approach.
- Provide operational and technical support for service interruption events
- 10+ years of success in client facing roles in the Card Payments Technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent graduate degree, preferably in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Expert knowledge of Electronic Cards Payment Industry systems, Visa systems including authorization and clearing systems, client connectivity, etc.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM, tools
- Has advanced understanding of the card payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers.
- Has advanced knowledge of payments technology products and services and how these impact clients’ business.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Solid inter-personal skills.
- Ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor in all dealings.
See Job Detail or Apply