Data Entry Clerk
Vacancy Number: VA_022_FY20
Job Vacancy: Data Entry Clerk
Location: Gog Woreda, Pugnido Town, Gambela
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center country office in Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs, is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacancy for its Guinea Worm Eradication Program.
- Responsible for reviewing and receiving data from all targeted village & Non- village areas each month and enter into the existing provisional database system
- Perform regular quality control checks on the received data and provide feedbacks on inaccurate information in accordance with established validation procedures.
- Produce data that is to be used for preparation of quarter BOFEC reports, Semi-annual and annual progress narrative reports.
- Fill out status of dog follow up updates in a daily basis.
- Maintain efficient filling system of progress reports Gog woreda
- Entering of all relevant GW data collected from Gog woreda as the provisional data to project filing protocols.
- Participate in the data review and verification field visit at targeted villages, health facilities and woreda level and provide mentoring and corrections as appropriate.
- Performing other project related duties assigned to him by his supervisor.
Reports to: Senior Project Coordinator
Required Number: One
Terms of Employment: One-year contract with a possibility of extension.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Health Informatics, Bio Statistics or other health related fields
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience for diploma holders and minimum of 3 years for degree holders.
- Highly energetic and able to work independently with little supervision
- Previous experience in data collection, entry and management.
- Experience with DHIS 2 is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
How to Apply
Deadline for all applications: Ten (10) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV, application letter (Please indicate vacancy number & position applied for in the subject line) including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below.
The Carter Center - Ethiopia, Gambella Regional Office
Kebele 05, Openo Village, Kella Sefer
Tel. +251 – 478-519-029
The Carter Center - Ethiopia, Gog & Abobo Sub-Offices
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply