Community Contact and Feedback Operator
The Community Contact and Feedback Operator is the primary point of contact between a caller and the ICRC. This front-line role is important in leaving callers with a positive impression of the ICRC and in ensuring the ICRC understands and, when appropriate, can be responsive to their needs. S/he must maintain a good overall understanding of the ICRC’s activities and operations in Ethiopia, feel a sense of ownership in responding to the queries of callers, and be able to distinguish between calls that can be addressed directly and others that will require to be routed to the appropriate departments and/or to the delegation management. S/he must also be able to understand and implement ad hoc requests from departments for specific surveys or verification.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responds to callers using pre-determined answers obtained from specialists in departments and filter the concerns that can be addressed immediately and those that require to be escalated.
- Understands that some concerns / issues require confidential and sensitive treatment and behaves accordingly.
- Immediately flags to the supervisor (line manager) sensitive complaints or issues involving Code of Conduct violations or requiring the involvement of the Delegation Management
- Records the details of each contact with callers in CCC (Community Contact Centre) system and ensures information received from affected people is classified into per-determined reference categories.
- Ensures all exchanges with affected people (feedback, complaints, questions and responses) are fed into the system and follow-up by relevant department specialists initiated through the line manager.
- Follows up referred complaints and feedback with the supervisor to ensure a timely response to affected people.
- Compiles, cleans analyses and disaggregates data from CCC system to produce regular complaints and feedback reports.
- Participates in dissemination campaigns to encourage affected people to give feedback on ICRC programs.
- May be asked upon request from ICRC departments to call per-defined samples of people for verification or monitoring purposes (e.g. validity of registered telephone numbers, validity of registered profiles, confirmation of receipt of relevant assistance).
- May be asked upon from ICRC departments to conduct a survey or to call other stakeholders (suppliers, National Society members…), and compile collected data accordingly.
- Diploma in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Community Development or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar field of activity within a busy environment, preferably in non-profit sector.
- Experience in call center environment, with knowledge of call center telephony and technology is an asset.
- Experience in data management, and practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel).
- Ability to adapt to technology and IT tools.
- Attention to details and organization of work.
- Clear and effective Communication, with high quality of empathy, patience and positive attitude.
- Very good command of English, Amharic, Somali and Oromiffa languages, with ability to translate from these local languages to English in writing.
Place of work: Addis Ababa with occasional travel to ICRC’s operational areas in the country.
HOW TO APPLY
Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Megenagna Egzeabher AB Church) OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, and P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No payments are required or accepted for this process and any canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Closing Date: March 12, 2020
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/ .
See Job Detail or Apply