Climate Change Specialist
Reporting to Country Manager, with oversight from the Manager, Business Development in Ottawa headquarter, the Climate Change Specialist will assess and determine climate change parameters, including CO2 sequestration and Energy efficiency improvement options that enhance the Co-operative Development Foundation of Canada’s (CDF Canada) agriculture/environment program delivery through field visits, including experimentation and farm trials site. In this role, the Specialist will work with a wide variety of professionals, making recommendations to governments and businesses about how to adapt to climate change and its environmental consequences.
Duties may vary, but the following list includes typical duties as a climate change specialist
- Literature review and linkages with other institutions with strong reputation in smart agriculture,
- Research the causes and effects of weather, climate, and the atmosphere,
- Conduct studies to evaluate changes in climate,
- Create plans to measure and reduce greenhouse gas emissions,
- Create reports and papers from your findings,
- Research climate change patterns,
- Provide advise, ideas and expertise in climate smart agriculture as adapted to the west African context,
- Integrate knowledge and lessons learned in specific process or engineering skill groups and work together with other specialists to deliver optimal solutions from a CO2 perspective,
- Support projects and other clients with CO2/energy footprint analysis and specialist support for clean development mechanisms (CO2 trading, CDM, JI, etc.),
- Knowledge of Offset exchanges,
- Guidance to technology development, design practices and procurement standards,
- Technology development activities in this field,
- Develop funding proposals.
- A master’s degree in environmental science, climate science, atmospheric sciences, meteorology, engineering and physics, agriculture, monitoring and evaluation, etc.
- Relevant University degree is required, Masters level is desired.
- Must be an Ethiopian National with valid work permit.
- A sound background in (process) engineering.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and self motivated to learn.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English.
- Results oriented.
- Customer focused.
- Attention to detail.
- Belonging to a related professional group or society.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia office
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be received no later than March 25, 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Applications must include cover letter and resume.
Please reference the job title in the email subject line and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply