Child Protection Assistant
Requisition ID: req8521
Job Title: Child Protection Assistant
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Child Protection Assistant Officer is responsible for implementing community-based child protection program in Aw Barre or Sheder Refugee Camp. He/she will be responsible for working with the community, psychosocial programming and case management.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks:
Assist the child protection team in the assessment of the living conditions of children in the camp and participate in the development of appropriate strategy in addressing the needs of children.
Facilitate the involvement of children and the community (leaders and parents) in the child friendly space and document the progress made.
Support the team leaders and social workers in the monitoring, verification and documentation of the case management.
Follow-up the preparation and implementation of action plan and home visit conducted by the social workers
Assist the child protection officer in facilitating and organizing appropriate care arrangement, and suitable alternative care system with close supervision and attention to the individual needs of children.
Through working with the child protection committees identify potential foster families for unaccompanied and separated children in collaboration with social workers and community leaders.
Assist the child rights clubs to demonstrate protection concerns of children in the camp and promote the participation of children in all matters affecting their lives.
Organize and lead psychosocial program activities in the child friendly space
Work closely with the child protection officer in the celebration of international events days and other awareness raising sessions
Participate and assist the child protection officer, UNHCR, other partners and the team leaders in conducting the Best Interest Assessment to ensure the needs of children are addressed.
Assist and participate in the preparation of budget, work and spending plans, and PR tracking to monitor the proper utilization of the budget and timely implementation of activities.
Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
The Child Protection Assistant Officer will directly report to the Child Protection Officer and Child and Youth Protection and Development (CYPD) Manager based in Jigjiga with additional oversight from the technical team in Addis Ababa.
- University Degree in Sociology or psychology preferred or any other social science fields
- 3 years of working with children experience for diploma holders.
- 1 years of working with children experience with the first degree.
- Ability to speak the local language (Somali) is a compulsory.
- Computer literate, data entry (database management) skills
How to apply:
- Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC – Ethiopia, Jijiga field office PO Box 1070
- Please include 3 references
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information: YES NO
NAME Relationship Position Office/field office
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
See Job Detail or Apply