Blood Bank Laboratory Technicians – Pool
Job Vacancy: Blood Bank Laboratory Technician – Pool
Job Location: Different regions in Ethiopia and, Addis Ababa
Perform clinical laboratory activities according to MSF protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
- According to medical prescription, prepare and perform clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSFprotocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Centrifuge blood and urine samples.
- Perform laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensure proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Take care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Apply hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSFprotocols and highest safety standards.
- Supply orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keep organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
. Report all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Screening the collected blood for transfusion transmissible infections (HIV,HBV,HCV and syphilis) by nationally recommended method and standard.
- Carry out routine blood typing on blood samples from collected units.
- Label blood units designated to be used for transfusion
- Prepare blood components (concentrated red cells, fresh frozen plasma, platelets and cryoprecipitate) if needed.
- Ensure the proper recording of results before issuing blood in hospital
- Carry out distribution of blood and blood components to Gambella Hospital.
- Adhere to all policies, SOPs, regulatory guidelines and laboratory safety requirements in performing routine activities
- Carry out daily/weekly preventive maintenance of equipment in blood bank laboratory.
- Ensure the recommended cold chain is maintained
- Participate in blood collection campaigns
- Execute internal and external quality control tests related to blood bank laboratory
- Ensure safety in the Laboratory
- Ensure the inventory management of blood and blood components.
- Participate in staff trainings
. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
Education • Essential Laboratory Technician diploma /degree from recognized university/college
Experience • Minimum 2 year working experience essential.
- Practical experience on ELISA testing technology.
Languages • Mission language desirable and local language essential.
Knowledge • Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Competencies • Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of national ID card either by email to email@example.com (please indicate ¨On the subject box of your email: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨ or ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER) OR give in person to MSF Spain Gambella , Addis Ababa Office.
Posting date: 25 March 2020
Closing date: 04 April 2020
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply