We are seeking to appoint a full-time assistant data manager to be based in Addis Ababa, St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College with a frequent travel to the field site located close to Debre Birhan town, to support the development of a new Maternal and Child Morbidity and Mortality Surveillance Program. This is a collaboration between Harvard University and St. Paul Millennium Medical College. The post-holder will be responsible for managing data online and on server. The post holder will be expected to support the data manager, run data quality assurance tasks, upload new programs and write codes to run data quality assurance.
St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Medical School opened in 2007; it is intended to alleviate the severe shortage of medical doctors in the country. In line with various encouraging efforts performed by the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health in this regard, it is clear that the newly opened school, with a practical modular and integrated curriculum will be providing much-needed medical professionals to the people of Ethiopia.
Harvard University, USA
Harvard University traces its roots to public health activism. The faculty commits themselves to research as well as teaching. The University produces knowledge through research, reproduces knowledge through higher education, and translates knowledge into evidence that can be communicated to the public, policymakers, and practitioners to advance the health of populations.
BIRHAN Maternal and Child Morbidity and Mortality Surveillance (BMCMMS)
The BIRHAN Maternal and Child Morbidity and Mortality Surveillance program is aimed at understanding the causes of maternal and child morbidity and mortality in developing countries, particularly in Ethiopia. This is a joint partnership between St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College in Ethiopia and Harvard University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The post-holder will work full-time at St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College, Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the field in Debre Birhan for data management, trouble shoot activities, and training field staff. The post holder will be expected to support the data manager, run data quality assurance tasks, upload new programs and write codes to run data quality assurance.
- Data management activities as designated by the data manager,
- Data cleaning as per study protocols; Organize and compile error reports from field
- Generate reports with regular data reviews and quality assurance processes as per stata codes
- Documentation and version control of data and analysis related files
- Trouble shoot on data collection tablets, physical and cloud server,
- Conduct training for field staff on electronic data collection process,
- Support the data manager in ensuring quality of data,
- Run data quality assurance tasks and produce error logs,
- Upload new programs to tablets and the server as requested by the data manager,
- Write codes to run data quality assurance; and
- Generate logbook for day to day field activities.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may be altered at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop provided there is full consultation with the post-holder. The post-holder will carry out any other duties, tasks or responsibilities as reasonably requested by the data manager.
Duration of contract 1 year with likely extension
Responsible to: Data manager
No. of posts : 1
Duration of contract : 1 year with likely extension
Education and Experience:
- First degree in statistics, computer sciences, IT
- Experience in running data management programs and health research
- Computer programming
- Data handling and basic analysis
- Statistical software
- Write command on a computer language
- Work with team of various discipline
- Reasonable ability to communicate in English
- Run data management tasks
- Use database programs
- Export logbooks to excel and edit errors
- Experience in research programs
- Good command of English and Amharic language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should:
- Must fill out the attached form https://ift.tt/2vuW445
- Submit their CV, Cover letter and Credentials
- Via e-mail to email@example.com
- Via post office to Saint Paul’s Millennium Medical College, P.O.Box 1271, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. OR
- In-person to Saint Paul’s Millennium Medical College Human Resource department.
- Must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
Closing Date: within 10 working days of the announcement of this vacancy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply