Area Business Development Manager
Welcome to the Diageo world of exciting possibilities, a world of celebrating life every day, everywhere.
Diageo is a truly global organisation with over 28,000 talented people and a presence in 180 countries. Across our 21 markets, our brand portfolio represents our biggest strength, and our biggest passion. Be it our global giants, local stars or reserve brands we use our vision, creativity and courage to drive the growth of our products worldwide. We invent strong brands for today and for the future; upholding the quality of our products and taking personal accountability for both the history and for the future of our brands.
We have more than 6,500 people working with Diageo in Africa: our Africa businesses account for over 20% of Diageo workforce worldwide. In all that we do, we seek to bring out the best of our Diageo values and release the ‘spirit of joy & community’ which is alive across the African continent. In Africa we create wealth both directly through our operations and indirectly through our broader value chains where we support development and growth in partnership with businesses and communities.
Thirteen of our production sites in Africa are in water stressed areas; so much of our focus is on managing water use in our operations effectively and reducing water poverty in surrounding communities through our pan-African Water of Life programme. Since its launch in 2006, we have brought safe drinking water to around 10 million people.
We are committed to our vision of being ‘the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company. To be a part of Diageo is to be a part of history – and to have the unrivalled opportunity to make your own mark in history.
1. Releasing people’s potential. People capability development through coaching and accompaniment (of both Diageo and Distributors’ field staff) based on License To Sell and License To Coach principles.
Recruit, retain & motivate talented REs within the territory
2. Brilliant execution. Embedding the Everyday Minimum Execution Standards as the way of working. Ensure complaints from customers and Distributors receive timely resolution.
3. Distributors Development. Developing and sustaining amazing relationships with a number of our key distributors. Develop and drive joint strategy and plans with distributors, have direct performance and P&L responsibility, build alignment on demand & cash plan, support with KPIs to maximize our RTC value chain and working to drive volume "Push and Pull" with a focus on the retail end. And work with them to develop the capability within their organisations.
4. Delivery of field sales numbers. Develop and implement an area operational plan to ensure that objectives in terms of numerical & weighted distribution, volume, Gross Margin, market share and NSV are achieved for the area. NB: ABDMs are accountable to drive depletion and sell out volume.
5. Reporting & Analysis. Consolidate insights and data gathered by team to ensure that hierarchy and relevant stakeholders are fully informed at all times. Develop and input into activity / sales unit plans for the Territory /area and present activities at relevant cycle planning meetings for approval
Ensures the data maintenance processes are fully executed, and holds responsibility for the data quality.
6. Compliance. Ensure that all teams and Distributors are well-trained and aligned with the Diageo COBC and all corporate compliance and Health and Safety requirements guidelines and are committed to adhere to all the relevant Diageo Policies and procedures, standards and CCE agenda.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Strong understanding of commercial opportunities and sensitivity to customers’ satisfaction
Basic P&L literacy and previous experience of financial data (targeted trade investment, margins optimization, customer profitability…
Strong numerical skills and high level of computer literacy
Previous experience of managing/leading teams, either directly or indirectly, would be an added advantage.
Strong influencing skills, able to set a vision and inspire clients. Authentic in all interactions and able to build true partnerships with customers and internally with other functions.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Amharic and English
Strong ability to multi-task and operate with pace and agility
Ability to find pertinent solutions in a dynamic and fast-running environment
Willingness to experiment and learn.
Valid driving license and strong driving experience
At least 4+ years’ track record in sales (experience at a manager level would be an added advantage), with specific experience in account management, field sales or trade marketing.
Coaching and Feedback
Training and Development
Team Building and motivation.
Advanced Selling skills
Negotiating and contracting skills.
Planning and Scheduling
Administration and Time Management
Budgetary and Cost Control
Problem solving and Analysis
Competition field sales force activities and resources
Worker Type :
See Job Detail or Apply