The Administrative Associate is normally supervised by (Senior) Administrative Officer or National Administrative Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. S/he keeps frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the office and occasionally with staff at the same level in other duty stations and/or Headquarters; with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
- Assigned UNHCR vehicles are properly maintained and equipped as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organization.
- Local traffic rules and regulations are strictly observed.
- Instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed by the Driver and the passengers during the journey.
- Perform personnel work including interpretation and processing of entitlement, issuance of contracts maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Assist in the recruitment of General Service staff for non-specialized work including evaluating candidate applications, administering recruitment exams if applicable, conducting preliminary interviews of candidates; assign General Service staff to meet work requirements.- Collect information and assist in conduct of surveys on local cost of living, daily subsistence allowance criteria, local salaries for office and servicing staff, house rentals.
- Brief international personnel on general administrative matters relating to visas, licenses, security; provide advice and ensure administrative support as required.
- Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations for follow-up action.
- Prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintain necessary budgetary control records.
- In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Arrange for requisition of office supplies and equipment and arrange for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records.
- Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Negotiate with service providers for the office.
- Purchase materials and contract services for the office within the delegated authority limits.
- Access the relevant information and financial records, Focus/MSRP data.
- Verify the accuracy of data and reports pertaining to the functions
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the functions.
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station)
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP HR, Finance and EPM Budget applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
MANAGERIAL AND CROSS FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Submission of Applications
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter, the most recent factsheet and the new updated P11 Form through the online application system.
Candidates may be required to take a written test.
Due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.
See Job Detail or Apply