- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org
Administrative receptionist role:
- As an Administrative receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for SNV. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business.
- You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
- To be successful as an Administrative receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations, communication and documentation.
- Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working extra hours so flexibility is a plus.
- Ultimately, as an administrative receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the internal and external communication as well as the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
Contract Type: Local
Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
- Diploma or BA Degree in office administration or management or secretarial science or office administration; additional certification in Office Management is a plus;
- Office Experience - General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Administrative Writing Skills
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or Office administrative or support assistants or similar role, not for less than 7 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Customer service attitude
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before or on 2 January 2019.
See Job Detail or Apply