Title: Administration Intern
Location: Addis Ababa
Reporting To: Team Leader-Admin
Direct Reports: None
Start of Contract & Duration: 2 Months
Posting date: March 18, 2020
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
Overall purpose of the role: The Administration intern supports the Administration department with administrative support at the DRC Country Office, ensuring that there is a minimum stock level of office supplies, supporting with reception duties as requested, and overall supporting the DRC office to have a good level of administration support.
- Support the Administration team with ensuring the office facilities are clean and functioning properly, reporting any issue to the appropriate team member as necessary.
- Coordinate with logistics focal point for any repairs and/or service as required and in line with DRC Ethiopia agreed Standard Operating Procedures for maintenance.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance of facilities in compliance with DRC standards and procedures.
- Guesthouse and DRC - leased houses management
- Make regular visits to the guesthouse to check on status of cleanliness as well as existing basic supplies (cleaning supplies, coffee, water, etc.), ensuring that a minimum stock is maintained at all times and that purchase requisitions are raised in a timely manner.
- Support the Administration team with making utility payments as required.
- Maintain an office and guesthouse stock report and submit weekly to the Administration Team Leader.
- Support the administration team with flight bookings and preparation of visa letters, as requested.
- Make timely request for office supplies including paper, stationery, toner, refreshments, cleaning materials to Supply Chain unit by respecting tendering lead times as per regional guidance.
- Support the Administration team in preparing sign-in tracker for submission to SMT on a weekly basis.
- Any other duties as requested / assigned by Admin Team Leader
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Currently undertaking a degree in Office Administration or other related field.
- Previous experience with office management as an intern or other similar capacity is a plus. Experience training and capacity building other staff in principles of advocacy and media.
- Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in Administration or Business required.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Advanced English proficiency required.
Fluency in Amharic required.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than March 24, 2020. "Application will be reviewd on rolling basis."
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
See Job Detail or Apply