VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 31/2020
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Position Title: - Weigher
Duty Station: - Metema and volunteer to be assigned and work at all ECX Branch
Availability: - As soon as possible
JOB PURPOSE:-Responsible for weighing vehicles and determining the net weight of commodities, in accordance with the Exchange weighing standards and procedures.
Summary of Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that a security Marshall is in attendance of the truck toward the weighbridge;
- Check the vehicle and register any commodities or other items on the truck not for deposit/delivery in the warehouse and also confirm that all non-commodity items found on the vehicle are unloaded before weighing;
- Prepare the sequence of vehicles for weighing based on the gate ticket number;
- Ensure the area around the weighing scale is clear and the vehicle is properly placed on the scale;
- Register or unload any non-coffee items on the vehicle before weighing. Correctly register and save the plate number of vehicle and ensure that the vehicle before and after loading is the same vehicle and if applicable the same trailer;
- Verify the calibration of weighing bridge and post the calibration results in a place clearly visible to all stakeholders – EQSA calibration ticket;
- Perform other duties as requested/required;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- TVET 10+3\Level 4 Dip. or Equivalent Electronics, Agribusiness or related and 0 year experience
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before February 17, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply