Video Conferencing Expert
Under the supervision of the FPbC Training and Quality team leader , MSIE seeks temporary service (three months ) to assist in developing system for video conferencing at COE hospitals by working together in collaboration with the FPbC project team (setting up of video conferencing system that helps to improve the training and mentoring function of the catchment-based clinical mentorship and supportive supervision model of FPbC program).
- Establish video conference infrastructure and its associated software, including integrated call management systems, digital technologies, educational media, lecture capture, video and audio-conferencing, web conferencing, distance learning technologies and school’s room reservation system.
- Provide support in installation, implementation, and maintenance of video conference systems, and voice/data equipment.
- Provide support for video conferencing technologies and audio, video, and classroom multimedia hardware and software, web conferencing and learning technologies including but not limited to clickers, lecture capture and on demand course video, live & post-production.
- Coordinate the efforts of IT members to manage the video conferencing, classroom technology infrastructure and end-point technology, maintenance and support.
- Create and maintain computer-based teaching aids as needed. Develop technical documentation on IT-video Conference related tools and processes, conferences practices, protocols concepts, practices, and procedures including security.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards and innovation of systems and software. Research and evaluate new software, hardware and technology for incorporation into the video conferencing and classroom technology infrastructure.
- Raise and Support procurement of ICT hardware.
- Train experts (work on skill transfer related to the videoconferencing)
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Carry out other duties as appropriate and as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Setting up of video conferencing system in the COEs.
- Skill transfer at each CoEs level where video conferencing is developed
Skills and Experience
- Communicate effectively with faculty and staff, while providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade recommendations.
- Provide effective training on innovations in technology.
- Experience on polycom video conferencing hardware and software setup and configuration.
- Manage time, organize duties/assignments, and set priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
- Work effectively and accurately with multiple interruptions.
- Develop soft ware
- Mobile health development and implementation experience
- Msc or BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology and other related fields.
- Minimum of Five Years work experience with majority of years related to developing and implementing software/system installation, etc
- Self-starter, able to manage discrete projects with autonomy, but also integrate close working as part of a team, sharing responsibilities on more complex pieces of work
- Committed to MSI’s mission
- Driven by high quality results
- Determined to succeed
- Highly organized
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Conscious of Government, MSI and MSIE regulations
- Ability to make logical and timely decisions
- Counselling skill
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Support Office, Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Three Months Contract
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
See Job Detail or Apply