Technical Operator - Utilities
Technical Operator - Utilities
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority.
- Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate.
- Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System. ·
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Use and compliant with SAP; · 100% compliance on EISC Meetings · Applying EISC, quality management and local management systems in combination with the standard work procedures;
- Tracking Short Interval Controls and working closely with utilities side to achieve target;
- Coordinating, involving and controlling the operational and machinery maintenance (protective and remedial) of the shift he/she is assigned to;
- Based on the detailed instructions that may be given from his/her line manager, execution of general maintenance/servicing programmes of machineries and instruments: boiler, compressor, well and tap water pipes, ammonia and air compressor, etc., in the different sections of the factory; following up for the implementation;
- Follow up, monitor, log accurately and report, all the necessary parameters of the various equipment, programmes of machineries and instruments: boiler, compressor, well and tap water pipes, ammonia and air compressor, etc.
- Monitor and maintain adequate storage of water for use in the brewery
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Support Maintenance Supervisor to achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
- This will include full adherence to maintenance requests
- Actively pursue training and development on an individual and team basis and participate in competency based training programs and develop
Qualifications and Experience Required
College Diploma (10+3) in Electrical or General Mechanics or above · 2 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment. · Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving. · Ability to demonstrate creativity in finding solutions for operational and technical problems in the brewery and pursuing opportunities for business continuity · Ability to consistently identify clear priorities in day to day operations and focus on results at all times · Knowledge of industry risk management, and related environment standards · Ability to understand the link between Diageo values capabilities and functional aspects of the role · Ability to connect and build positive relationships across functions and influences at all levels.
See Job Detail or Apply