Senior Network Engineer / Team leader (Urgent!)
- Wired and Wireless Network, Presales, Data Center Facility and Structured Cabling Professional Engineer with experience of Cisco. Huawei Products, Structured Cabling and Data center physical infrastructure implementation and Certified Professional
- Designs, installs and configures network and security infrastructure and the NMS/monitoring tools, including the core network switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IPS), proxy servers, VPN concentrators, spam firewalls, configuration management, network performance management, MRTG and SYSLOG aggregator
- Monitors network traffic to identify problems and make capacity planning recommendations with the help of NMS and monitoring tools
- Maintains and updates the network and security infrastructure, tests and implements vendor security patches, implement workarounds for unpatched security vulnerabilities
- Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoots the telecommunication infrastructure, including IP PBX’s, IP phones, IVR systems and fax servers
- Troubleshoots problems with network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers and make corrective actions when necessary.
- Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary; and,
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering)
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal channels.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by us.
- Trains other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges fellow Innovators to progress toward their professional development goals.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- Approves team members' time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
Education: B.Sc. in computer science, Engineering, computer information or related fields.
2 or 3 years of experience in the following:
- Strong campus network and security skills
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, security and client/server technologies
- Strong understanding Structural cabling, Fiber optics Installation
- Strong will to achieve business objectives
- Project Management skills
- Microsoft Windows Technical skills
- Linux Technical skills
- Business knowledge and understanding
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work under pressure
See Job Detail or Apply