VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 31/2020
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Position Title: - Sampler I
Job Grade: - 4
Duty Station: - Tepi, Bonga, Nekemte, Hawassa and volunteer to be assigned and work at all ECX Branch offices
Availability: - As soon as possible
Job Purpose; - Draw and submit representative samples of coffee/grain/pulse/oil seeds, in accordance with ECX sampling standards and procedures.
Summary of Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that all information on the sampling ticket corresponds to the vehicle that is ready for inspection;
- Checks cargo seal, canvas, cleanness of truck before commencing sampling;
- Ensures appropriate bag arrangement is prepared for sample taking;
- Checks number of bags and type (shape and size) conform to ECX standards;
- Ensures bag label color in the case of coffee matches the declared origin of the coffee;
- Visually tests for infestation, cleanliness of bags and report discrepancies under “remarks” on the sampling ticket;
- Draws representative sample based on the Exchange standard;
- Makes segregation if the arrival consignment is heterogeneous in quality, processing and type;
- Visually inspects uniformity of samples while drawing of sample;
- Submits samples along with the signed sampling ticket;
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- TVET 10+3\Level 4 Diploma or Equivalent in Agribusiness, or related felid and 0-year Work Experience
- Required Skill:- Agricultural commodity inspection/processing/control, Knowledge on agricultural commodities (Coffee, Grains and oil seeds), have Knowledge on agricultural commodities quality.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before February 17, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply