The Resident Engineer is responsible for the execution of the Engineer’s Representative duties on the project(s). He/she will be responsible for the successful delivery, discharge and performance of the Consultant’s Supervision duties as defined in the Consultancy scope of works and for the Engineer’s duties (as defined under the FIDIC Conditions of Contract (Redbook, Yellowbook, …)
Resident Engineer supervise the planning, coordination and implementation of construction projects.
The Resident Engineer will take full responsibility and shall be accountable for the effective performance of the supervision activities in accordance with the contract, the codes & standards, and specifications, to the highest professional standards.
The Resident Engineer ensures that the contractor(s) has the proper approvals and NOCs from Authorities Having Juridiction (AHJs):
- to perform the construction works, and
- the handover of the construction components to the Client.
He is in charge of the relations with the Client and Contractor(s) Management, as for, when applicable the PMC, on a regular basis. In addition, the Resident Engineer is in charge to identify any new commercial opportunity on his project or in the region.
Line and Staff Relations
This role will report directly to Regional Director and/or the Project Director.
The role involved, inter alia, the management of the daily activities and performance of the Supervision team . He/She has relation with:
- All the ADP Ingénierie local staff
- All the external entities necessary to his/her job execution i.e. constant liaisons with the PMC, the Client and other Consultants on project related matters.
Site Management & Deliverables – Construction Stage
- Support and report to the Regional Director and/or Project Director on the monitoring of the site Supervision Team activities, progress of works, coordination, necessary resources and resolution of the site issues.
- Monitor report and provide assurance to the Regional Director and/or Project Director, that the Consulting Engineer/Supervision Team is administering the construction contract in accordance to the Client’s expectation towards time, cost and quality.
- Manage and monitor the relevant project information and documents related to progress, issues, Non-conformities, correctives actions, reports, plans and logs from the supervision team and contractors and provide approval towards the same.
- Manage and monitor the communication protocol with the Regional Director and/or Project Manager, and the Client.
- Ensures that the monthly and weekly construction reports are prepared by the Consulting Engineer/Supervision Team and manage issues such as (but not limited to) schedule status, budget status, quality issues, safety issues, operational issues, procurement status, construction/engineering problems/issues, correspondence status, claims status, project variations status and actions taken to address concerns, and progress photographs.
- Chair and manage progress meetings with the Consulting Engineer/Supervision Team, the Client, PMC (when applicable), stakeholders, contractors and helps resolve outstanding issues related to site.
- Attends progress meetings arranged by the Consulting Engineer/Supervision Team, the Client/PMC to discuss procedures, progress, schedules and problems, which may require a decision or an action from the Client and/or stakeholders and coordinates for the resolution of the issues.
- Ensures that the Client's requirements are fully translated in to project realization.
- Monitor design changes during construction, as per Client’s and/or Stakeholders’ request, subject to prior approval by Client/PMC.
- Perform any other job assigned by the ADP Ingénierie Management within the framework of his contract and skills.
- Implement and monitor the specific QA/QC program on behalf of the Supervision Team, the Client, PMC (when applicable) and the Contractors and ensure that the plans are in line with the Client/PMC expectations, including relevant stakeholders. Further, ensure that quality plans are adhering to the requirements outlined in the contracts, specifications and quality standards.
- Review and comments on the content, standards, documents, specifications and other project documents related to his/her trade/discipline and report any flaws, ambiguities, mistakes or any missing details in drawing or documents.
- Coordinates on time reviews and comments on the materials and samples (when required).
- Assigns tasks and monitors activities of ADP Ingénierie staff working under his supervision and gets feedback/reports from them.
Profile Specifications – Minimum Requirements
- Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 15 years’ experience as Resident Engineer out of which 5 years should have been on a large-sized construction project, multidisciplines, and specifically for an airport.
- Member of a recognized International Institution.
- Eligible for GCC engineering membership.
- Experienced in FIDIC environment contracts
- Familiar with ICAO and IATA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Knowledge in International and Regional Codes & Standards
- Experienced in managing and coordinating project tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding, and personal presence.
- Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- General computer proficiency and good knowledge of the following programs and MS applications: AutoCAD,Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Expat only (Non-Ethiopian nationals)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through https://ift.tt/381ms3I or email CV to: ADMIN-HR@adp-i.com
See Job Detail or Apply