Regional Team Leader
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is a global network of daring social innovators who have the tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and transform their own communities. DOT supports youth to become innovators and leaders, and to create and apply digital solutions that have positive impact in their communities. We believe in the power of youth-led innovation, that communities can be shaped by empowering youth to create sustainable initiatives inspired by community needs, and that social innovation is accelerated when supported by digital technology.
DOT Ethiopia, over the past ten years, have connected more than 100,000 young women and men to entrepreneurship and employment opportunities in Ethiopia. As DOT Ethiopia looks to the next ten years, our strategic focus will be on facilitating youth social innovation and livelihoods, promoting youth-led systems change, and promoting sustainable and inclusive markets and opportunities. DOT Ethiopia will continue to advance women’s economic empowerment through a network of Business Development Service Centres, and will increasingly introduce online learning opportunities and digital tools and platforms to connect daring young innovators. Digital Opportunity Trust would like to hire vibrant and experienced person with the following competency requirements for Regional BDS Team Leader position.
- General Duties and Responsibilities:
This position plays central role in mobilizing, training and deploying Interns as well as in nurturing partnership and collaborative working relationship with major stakeholders and local partners to implement the Entrepreneurship and Business Growth in Ethiopia project in selected unban center. He/she manages the Business Development Service Centre and provides strategic leadership and management support to officers and community facilitators who are working in the Centre ensuring businesses are founded on strong business models and in-depth knowledge of the market environment. Other responsibilities include developing regional level plans and budget, undertaking and coordinating M&E and impact assessments and initiating new project ideas and proposals.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
2.1. Program Development, Management, Implementation
- Manage, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the “Entrepreneurship and Business Growth (EBG) in Ethiopia” project in the region.
- Effectively promote and manage the business development center.
- Produce detail work plan of the center and ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects.
- Lead the regional team to prioritize key project outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure that the business development services center is equipped and well informed to provide the necessary services to business starters and to those who would like to expand their businesses.
- Provide leadership and technical support to micro enterprise development initiatives through social enterprise training opportunities, technical assistance, mentoring, counseling, coaching, consulting and linkage with microfinance institutions.
- Conduct and facilitate research activities in areas of entrepreneurship, value chain analysis and business opportunities.
- Manage stakeholders, team members, and partners and intern’s relationship to ensure effective implementation of projects in the region.
- Manages day-to-day interns’ engagement, ideas, reflections and interaction with trainer and community participants.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase stakeholder satisfaction and deepen relationships.
2.2. Project Communication
- Build local understanding, linkages and support for Interns and community enterprise initiators among stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to ensure common understanding of expectations, deliverables, complementarities, risks, and progress is achieved.
- Ensure that regional plans, budgets and reports are good quality, regularly updated and timely produced and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a usable program schedule for all phases of the project for staff, interns and partners.
- Communicates effectively with staffs, interns and partners to identify needs and develop alternatives business solutions.
2.3. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Coordinate with DOT Ethiopia M&E Coordinator and ensure that project monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment are done regularly.
- Maintain regular interaction with partners and stakeholders for feedback and suggestions on project implementation, programming and program effectiveness.
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risks that may affect project implementation or staff and interns’ engagements with partners.
- Ensure timely production and quality of periodic reports to relevant recipients.
2.4. HR and General Service Coordination
- Ensure that the regional business development services center is equipped required facilities and competent and motivated staffs and Interns.
- Develop team spirit among staff.
- Appraise staff and intern performances.
- Ensure staffs have internalized the values of the Organization.
- Work with HR and General Service Unit regarding HR and other general service-related issues.
- Represent the Organization when assigned.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Country Director
- Actively participate and contribute as member of the Senior Management Team
Required qualification, skill, knowledge and competencies
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in project management, business management and Administration, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and other related fields
- At least 8 years’ direct experience in managing projects result measurement and management;
- Experience in research, data analysis and management;
- Experience of working in NGOs, public and private sector development;
- Experience in urban programs, youth and women economic empowerment;
- Proven skills and knowledge in result measurement and management system, tools and approach including problem analysis, objectives and indicators setting, risk management a plus value.
- Strong analytical and operational knowledge on monitoring and evaluation related market systems.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sectors;
- Computer proficiency in MS word, excel, and power point other data management tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants may directly send application letter together with updated CV through firstname.lastname@example.org until February 25, 2020.
Note: only qualified applicant will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply