Project Officer, Emergency SEED Support in Oromia and SNNP
Purpose of the Position:
The Project Officer, Emergency Seed Support is responsible in providing technical assistance to the implementing partners in planning and implementing emergency and recovery projects. The incumbent monitors and reports on seed and agriculture recovery project activities and other livelihoods based on CRS/ET funded projects. The incumbent assists the Ag. & Livelihood Program Manager in coordinating and managing emergency and recovery projects and activities and works closely with Ag. & Livelihood staff in strengthening capacity of implementing partners and establishing systems for efficient implementation of projects and proper accountability of CRS/ET.
The Project Officer, Emergency Seed Support is responsible in providing technical assistance to the implementing partners in planning and implementing emergency and recovery projects. The incumbent monitors and reports on seed and agriculture recovery project activities and other livelihoods based on CRS/ET funded projects. The incumbent assists the Ag & Livelihood Program Manager in coordinating and managing emergency and recovery projects and activities and works closely with Ag & Livelihood staff in strengthening capacity of implementing partners and establishing systems for efficient implementation of projects and proper accountability of CRS/ET.
- Provide technical assistance for implementing partners in planning and implementation of the seed and agriculture recovery projects.
- Provide technical backstopping and facilitate implementation of planned project trainings.
- Support implementing partners in developing their detailed implementation plan
- Reviews partners’ projects detail implementation plan and physical activities are in line with the project DIP and inform the Ag & Livelihood Program Manager on any discrepancies.
- Develop project data collection tools and reporting formats and follow up with partners on the appropriate usage of the tools.
- Assist implementing partners to carry out ongoing monitoring and assessment/evaluation of the project results/outcomes; and ensure program learning is drawn from monitoring and evaluation outputs.
- Assist implementing partners to maintain close and healthy relationship with respective government offices and the Agency.
- Ensure beneficiary participation, accountability and protection in designing and implementing project interventions.
- Lead and participate in project assessments and studies.\
- Identify training needs and facilitate training programs in accordance to quality standards established by CRS/ET and other agencies.
- Participate in field visits of donor, government, EARO and Headquarters staff, etc.
- Ensure that all pertinent documents are properly maintained in file.
- Review implementing partners weekly, monthly, quarterly and terminal
- Follow up and support implementing partners on timely submission of cash advance requests and liquidation documents and review them for accuracy and process project cash advance and liquidation documents and ensure that they are timely processed.
- Review and prepare quarterly cash forecasts to meet spending needs of project.
- Ensures all financial resources managed as per donor and CRS regulations guidelines.
- Prepare and keep track record of project budget utilization
- Ensure that partners submit required reports as per the agreed reporting calendars.
- Review reports from partners and prepare a monthly and quarterly progress report.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to projects sites and submit field trip reports and provide immediate verbal and prompt written feedback to partners.
- Work closely with Finance department, DRR Emergency Manager, JEOP Early Warning Coordinator, Water and Sanitation, Health, M & E and Program Quality Unit staff to ensure that CRS/ET’s program quality standards and integration among programs are adhered to all emergency and recovery activities.
- When delegated, represent CRS/Ethiopia in emergency and seed support project coordination meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Education and Experience
- MSc/MA or BSc/BA in Agriculture, Agronomy, Crop Production, Seed Technology, Food Security and related field.
- 2 years or relevant experience is required for MSc/MA, or 4 years of relevant experience is required for BSc/BA.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to write reports and effectively present information
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Duty Station: CRS/Addis Ababa Office
How to Apply
Please enter via https://ift.tt/2uXIZ2u to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV and application letter only before the application deadline February 7, 2020.
Applications should be submitted by February 7, 2020 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted.
These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
See Job Detail or Apply