Programme Officer, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Communication
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Sasakawa Global 2000 Ethiopia
See Job Detail or Apply
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assist MERC Coordinator and MERC Director in developing project documents including monthly, quarterly, annual work plan and budget of MERC activities.
- Design survey tools and methodologies (qualitative & quantitative) of MERC and lead data collection, analysis, documentation, reporting and information sharing.
- Designs and prepare training packages (leaflets, handouts, etc.) for use by staff and others in the field (e.g., survey enumerators and data entry technicians).
- Assist MERC Coordinator and MERC Director in planning and lead monitoring activities, and collect relevant and reliable data/information by conducting baseline and other surveys to carry out impact/economical assessment in line with GOP/COP indicators.
- Write quarterly, bi-annual and annual technical reports and share the reports as evidence to enhance appropriate and timely management decision-making towards improving program quality and performance.
- The PO also reviews and vets all reports developed by POs before being finally compiled into a main report for onward submission to the MERC Coordinators and Director.
- Assist MERC Coordinator in developing publications including policy briefs and journal articles and share with key partners and stakeholders.
- Provide data and information for publications (Brochures, Newsletters, fact sheets etc.) and Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Help to organize Farmers’ Field Days, Agricultural Show and Experience sharing tours, Media Field Day.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Minimum B.Sc. (MSc preferred) in Agriculture Economics, Development Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Management Information Systems and any related area.
- At least 2 years extensive field work experience in the organization.
- Ability in organizing rural community for the project implementation
- Ability to work productively in team environment.
- Willing to travel and do extensive fieldwork
- Ability to write technical reports
- Excellent written and oral English skills required
- Competence in computer applications
- Experience: 12/10 years of relevant work experience respectively
- Proven skills in monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field on a regular basis and provide timely feedback
- Ability to work long hours in difficult situations.
- Very good spoken and written English.
- Competence in a variety of computer applications, including database, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- A better understanding of under served groups in agricultural development.
How to Apply
- Please submit your cover letter and comprehensive CV that includes at least three references, by email to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SG2000 is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
See Job Detail or Apply