Program and Operations Officer
Position: Program and Operations Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Democracy International (DI) seeks a qualified candidate to provide program and operational support to DI's Supporting Political Party Transition's Project in Ethiopia. The Program and Operations Officer works under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Director (SPD). This position is based in Addis Ababa and open only to Ethiopian citizens. DI will not reimburse the successful candidate for any relocation expenses in order to fill this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaise between DIs home office team in Washington, DC and project team in Ethiopia on program and operational tasks, requests and deliverables;
- Under the direction of SPD, liaise and collaborate with administrative counterparts at interlocutor government agencies;
- Manage the DI/Ethiopia Project office including scheduling meetings with partners, receiving visitors and keeping visitors record books, etc;
- Collect and maintain all project files related to human resources, finance, procurement's and contracts;
- Coordinate all travel logistics for DI staff/consultants including booking flights and hotels;
- Assist in identifying and securing venues and services for meetings and events. Provide support in organizing meetings, training's, workshops and other project events
- Manage and review all vendor contracts and invoices. Maintain accurate records of project expense transactions including: invoices, cash requests, and monthly expenditure projections submitted to DI home office;
- Support the SPD in communications with civil society organizations, NGOs, and government bodies as may requested;
- Collect and prepare data and background information and edit documents, as requested by SPD.
- Must hold at least a Diploma in business administration, political science, social administration, development studies, management or other relevant fields from an accredited university or institution of higher learning
- At least two years of program and/or operations management experience, including: event planning, activity coordination, file management, invoice processing and record keeping;
- Experience working or collaborating with government agencies in Ethiopia would be beneficial;
- Previous experience working with civil society and/or NGO in Ethiopia is preferred;
- Previous experience working with international donors such as USAID, U.S Dept. of State and/or UN agencies, preferred
- Must be willing to demonstrate high degree of non-partisanship and neutrality;
- Advance English reading and writing; working know-how of MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint is necessary;
- Must be available and willing to travel as necessary;
- Interest and/or experience in international development, governance and/or peace building, is desirable;
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation for democracy, human rights, governance, conflict mitigation, and other programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department, and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries.
DI is an equal opportunity employer.
See Job Detail or Apply