The Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Resident Engineer in approving or rejecting construction material to be used by the Contractor
- Review pavement design carried out by the Contractor and recommend design change or amendment
- Control setting up Contractor’s field laboratory establishment, test procedures, crushing activities, concrete mix designs etc.
- Supervise, review, verify and approve construction material investigations of the Contractor.
- Assist the Resident Engineer in the preparation of the standard supervision forms, quality assurance plan
- Material investigation and testing
- Assist the Resident Engineer in the preparation of reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or other related fields. A Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or other related fields is preferred.
- At minimum 9 years of experience in Road/Railway/Dam/Bridge Construction and/or Design Projects. 12 or more years of experience is preferred.
- At minimum 8 years of experience Road Design/Construction Projects as a Pavement Materials Engineer. 10 or more years of experience is preferred OR
- At minimum 10 years of experience on Road Design/ Construction Projects as a Junior Material Engineer/ Material Inspector / Laboratory Technician. 12 or more years of experience is preferred.
- At minimum 4 years of experience Years of Experience as a Pavement/Materials Engineer in Asphalt Concrete Road Projects.5 or more years of experience is preferred OR
- At minimum 6 years of experience as a as a Junior Pavement/Materials Engineer/ Material Inspector/ Laboratory in Asphalt Concrete Road Projects. 8 or more years of experience is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a CV and cover letter. This position is open until filled.
Please send CVs to “firstname.lastname@example.org” – include “Pavement/Materials Engineer” in the subject line.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
See Job Detail or Apply