Media and Communication Assistant
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Media and Communications Assistant who will be responsible for designing and implementing different media strategies and campaigns and develop different tailored and standard content for communication and public relations purpose with the aim of promoting the Brand of SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As a Media and Communications Assistant, you will be in charge of the following:
- Supporting the implementation of media strategies, tactics and messages to achieve maximum measurable impact on SOSCVE’s profile, programs, and campaigns.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with relevant journalists and broadcasters
- Supporting Brand and Communication Officers in developing communication strategies, tools and campaigns.
- Drafting media announcements, releases and advisories and ensuring standard is maintained across locations
- Preparing background notes, speeches for public appearances.
- Developing and implementing Social Media Strategy aligned with the SOS CVE‘s Communications Strategy, imparting key ‘unique selling points’ with audience-specific, tailored content.
- Managing and updating SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia’s website, social media platforms, internal communication channels and other outlets
- Analysing metrics and patterns from platforms to establish benchmarks and generate impact reports on communication channels
- Ensuring the development of high quality content and disseminating internal and external monthly newsletters
- Developing high-level content and design graphics for communications products such as brochures, roll ups, banners, infographics PowerPoints, fact sheets and other relevant material.
- Supporting the Brand and Communication Manager in identifying target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
- Monitoring analytics and creating reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Maintaining library/ database of reference materials and photos
- Contributing to the identification of best practices and lessons learned
- Supporting in the preparation of the Annual operational plan and support in cascading to locations
- Tracking major relevant events in the country(networking, workshops, seminars) and communicating internally to different stake holders
- Capturing photographs during events undertaken at the National office
- Ensuring that events at the National Office are up to standard and brand aligned
- Managing volunteers and ushers on different events
- Job Requirements:
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA Degree in Public Relation, Marketing, Journalism Communications or any related field
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, video editing and social media and digital marketing
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Strength in storytelling
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent Communication skill
- Creativity and out of the box thinking
- Experience in graphics design and understanding of basic software’s
- Self-Driven and passionate about public relations and Digital Marketing
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Prior Experience working in an INGO
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."
See Job Detail or Apply