Grants and Finance Officer
The Grants and Finance Officer will be responsible for maintaining grant management systems, running and analyzing grant related reports and maintaining sound grant records and files that ensures proper execution of grant activities and utilization of grants funds. The officer will be responsible for all grant compliance/management activities starting from pre-award surveys (as applicable) through closeout. The officer monitors grantees/partners’ compliance/adherence to Orbis Policies and Procedures, donor requirements, grantees’ own policies and procedures, and other applicable local laws. She/he will also be responsible for post-award compliance and will ensure that budgets are not overspent, grant periods are adhered to, costs are reasonable and allowable and grant related accounting records are maintained in good order. The officer will also be responsible for some finance/accounting activities related to one or more projects as assigned by the Senior Finance Director.
Grants Position Objectives: The Grants and Finance Officer is specifically accountable to meeting the following position objectives.
- Orbis Ethiopia is compliant to donor grant, financial and reporting requirements.
- Grant/partner agreements follow Orbis Policies and Procedures, donor requirements, and applicable local laws.
- Grantees/partners are compliant to grant/partner agreement requirements.
- Optimal utilization of grant budget. Ensure grant expenses are in budget. Ensure over/under spending are kept at a minimum level (+/-5%).
- Advances and other grant payments and transfers are made to grantee/partners timely.
- Advance liquidation documents and other deliverables are collected from grantees/partners regularly (monthly) and per grant agreements and other requirements.
- Financial documents and other deliverables obtained from grantees/partners are complete, accurate, and legally acceptable.
- Grant/partner liquidations and other related financial transactions are timely and correctly coded, journalized and entered to MIP.
- Grant files and other records (apart from those captured in MIP) are properly organized, referenced and safely stored for future reviews and uses. Files should be easily accessible.
- Grants/agreements are closed as per the grant agreement and the schedules indicated therein.
Finance Position Objectives: The Grants and Finance Officer will also be responsible for meeting the following finance related activities.
- All financial documents received from the field and the Main Office, as applicable, are prepared in compliance to Orbis Policies and Procedures, donor requirements, and applicable local laws.
- Financial documents are complete, accurate, reliable, and legally acceptable.
- Outstanding advances to employees, vendors, and others are liquidated properly and in accordance to Orbis policies and procedures and donor requirements and summarizing JVs are prepared accordingly.
- TERs for project and main office staff are properly completed and processed for payment/refund.
- First level AP data entries to MIP are done promptly and checks and payment vouchers are printed through MIP.
- Payments (including account to account transfers and Off-the-Counter payments) to employees, partners and other payees are made on time and are properly supported.
- Performs any other relevant duty assigned by the Supervisor.
This job description is subject to revision, updated and/or amendment as necessary with or without any change in position category and grade level.
- Senior Grants and Finance Officer Finance Director
Staff under supervision:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in grants management, compliance and accounting/finance.
- Experience in supervising grants management processes and providing technical support to program staff.
- Grants Management.
- Project Management.
- Very good knowledge of accounting/financial and grants management.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and focus on multiple compliance and financial priorities.
- Ability to read and understand donor grant requirements
- Excellent demonstrated skills in MS Excel required.
- Excellent MS word and typing skill preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in use of accounting software preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements can send their CV to the following email address : Woinshet.email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be communicated.
See Job Detail or Apply