- Accounting and budgeting functions.
- Recording, classifying, and examing financial transactions.
- Preparation and posting of payment vouchers.
- Managment of operating cash, journal and cheque books.
- Assist with financial report preparation and monthly reconciliations.
- Implementation of financial control systems.
- Examining documents to verify conformance with NDI’s procurement and financial policies, procedures and accounting standards.
- Preparation of travel related payments and hotel and travel advance reconciliations.
- Management of store.
- Assist to liase with program staff to ensure that disbursed funds to hotels and other vendors are accurately and promptly reconciled in line with the internal policies and procedures.
- Documentation and maintenance of other finance documents.
- Assist supervisor to ensure that all transactions are in compliance with the rules and regulations of USAID and NDI.
- Assist supervisor with payroll preparation, tax deductions and compliance, and preparation for audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred in a related subject.
- More than three (5) years of demonstrable financial and accounting experience and sound administrative skills.
- Training and experience in International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to queries, and develop clear and concise reports.
- Excellent and professional teamwork and ability to work well as part of a high performing team.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology, including Quicken software system to meet work needs.
- High level of attention to detail in all aspects of work.
Salary is commensurate with experience and NDI’s salary scale. A competitive benefits package will be provided. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- How To Apply:
NDI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen civic and political organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and a CV. Please include three references from past employment or academic experiences. Applications will be considered upon receipt. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Job Detail or Apply