Ethiopia: Senior Research Associate - Ethiopia
Closing date: 28 Feb 2020
Job description & key responsibilities
As a Senior Research Associate based in Ethiopia, Uganda or Kenya you will:
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Build successful partnerships with our clients and establish Laterite as a trusted partner for public sector organizations.
- Mentor our growing research and data teams.
- Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as which projects to pursue, team development, and how to increase the impact of our research.
- Support business development and recruitment processes.
As part of Laterite's management team, you will have a voice in project selection, corporate strategy, process improvements, and structuring Laterite’s research agenda. You will serve as role model for the team, actively promoting our culture, and helping us to grow and achieve our mission as an organization.
Laterite is expanding rapidly, and we are open to the possibility of hiring exceptional candidates at a higher grade.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills with experience in project and team management.
Our future colleague has:
- A postgraduate degree (Masters or above) in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 5+ years of research or project management experience in education, youth, public health, agriculture and/or urbanization.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data collection and field teams.
Additionally, we are looking for:
- Solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in the research lifecycle
- An excellent networker with experience in building relationships with clients and stakeholders from the public and private sectors
- A self-motivated team leader with excellent interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment where timelines can be unpredictable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in STATA, R, or Python.
Full job description: http://bit.ly/SRA-Jan2020
More about Laterite: www.laterite.com
Laterite is also looking for Senior Research Associates to join our offices in Kenya and Uganda. The job description and application procedure are the same.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your CV and complete our application form https://form.jotform.com/200122195550544, with a couple of questions about your motivation and your past experience.