Ethiopia: Logistics Coordinator
Country: Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Uganda
Closing date: 09 Feb 2020
Overview of position
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Provide logistical support to include but not limited to:
• Collect and analyse data through research and networking to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
• Coordinate and provide logistics support to ongoing air, land, river operations in the area.
• Establish reports based on logistics movements and distribute them according to requirements.
• Assess and organize logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of relief items.
• Ensure proper warehouse management in line with our clients standard procedures.
• Prepare fleet and stock movement reports, as well as logistics reports.
• Ensures appropriate planning, implementation, M&E of logistics operations.
• Raise logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for prioritization.
• Any other duties that may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
• This role reports to the Logistics Supervisor.
• University Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Economics (preferably Transport Economics) or equivalent professional/logistics experience.
• At least three years post-graduate, progressively responsible, practical commercial/professional experience in one or
• more of the transportation and ancillary sectors (port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, air operations, large
• scale road/rail transport and distribution management).
• Knowledge of humanitarian or commercial supply chain sector.
• Strong organizational, coordination skills.
• Excellent communication skills and a commitment to team work.
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: