Ethiopia: Closedown Chief of Party, Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Service (EPMES) Activity
Closing date: 06 Mar 2020
Closedown Chief of Party, Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Service (EPMES) Activity, USAID/Ethiopia
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include U.S. government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the U.S. Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations and non-profits.
The five-year $19 million Ethiopia Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Service (EPMES) activity aims to provide USAID/Ethiopia with project/activity external evaluation, performance monitoring and performance management support services. The four key objectives of this contract are described below:
- Provide external evaluation services—including impact and performance evaluations, as well as assessments (i.e., gender assessments, sustainability assessments)—to USAID at the project design stage (Project Appraisal Document development) and multiple implementation levels (e.g., activity, project, etc.) and in all sectors in which the Mission works.
- Provide performance monitoring technical support services to the Mission to strengthen evidence-based decision-making for project design and implementation of development programming.
- Improve and enhance the capacity for learning and adaptation within USAID/Ethiopia throughout the program cycle.
- Strengthen local partners’ technical and management capacities, ensure sustainability, and improve knowledge of USAID policies, regulations, and practices related to M&E in order to increase the pool of potential M&E service providers for USAID and other donors in Ethiopia.
Social Impact is seeking a full-time Chief of Party to implement and then close down the USAID/Ethiopia EPMES contrac through the project's end in May 2020. This position will be based in Ethiopia.
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Ethiopia-based expatriate and Ethiopian staff.
- Work with Contractor home office and local office staff to identify and nominate, for USAID approval, technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Ethiopia, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting evaluation and performance management support tasks in accordance with work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of evaluation and performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports;
- Transfer knowledge to local staff.
- Responsible for the closedown of the EPMES office, including proper closedown of financial, administrative, IT, and other systems.
- Graduate degree in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field; or career/experience equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design.
- At least eight years of supervisory experience.
- Previous experience serving as Principal/Lead Investigator/Team Leader on USAID-funded evaluation(s) preferred.
- Experience working in Ethiopia and/or East Africa desirable.
- Possess a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/Ethiopia and provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
- Demonstrated experience managing similar multi-faceted projects in the past and the capacity to manage large complex programs, including subcontracts, in a multi-cultural environment and providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise solutions and adopt solutions.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to satisfy the requirements of the position.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
How to apply:
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about the position, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=2992.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.