Driver and Logistics Assistant
The Driver and Logistics assistant is responsible for providing logistical support in ensuring the smooth running of GAIN Ethiopia Office. Tasks include but are not limited to: driving the GAIN vehicle to various destinations on official duty; providing logistical support such as collection of quotations, purchases, and office supplies; and delivery of letters.
Work Location- Addis Ababa
Direct Reports- Senior Program and Administrative Assistant
The purpose of this position is to provide driving service of the GAIN vehicle to various destinations within the country and logistical support to the day to day activities of the country office.
- Drive GAIN vehicle to transport employees and other partners to a variety of locations in Ethiopia
- Provide transportation for the Program and Admin, staff pickup and drop off, airport collection and transport of visitors as directed by the Senior Program & Administrative Assistant
- Always carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting driving and at the end of the day. (Tyre pressure/condition, battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water etc)
- Maintain neat & accurate record of all journeys in the Daily Vehicle Record Log Sheet.
- Respect traffic regulation as per the Road Transport and Traffic regulation
- Ensure that the vehicle is only used for GAIN official duties whenever purpose is approved
- Responsible for the collection, storage, transport and final delivery of all goods in his/her vehicle
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in the authorized safe parking places
- Ensure every passenger wears Safety Belt before start driving the vehicle
- Avoid using mobile phones when driving GAIN vehicles at any time & place
- Update monthly mileage records and provide data to Supervisor for monthly operations reporting
- Assist the Senior Program & Administrative Assistant in the procurement of office supplies and collection of conference supplies for the various training and meeting
- Assist the Senior Program & Administrative Assistant in Collecting quotations, delivering of purchase orders and receiving of items from venders /suppliers and partners
- Assist with the delivery of letters and other documents to various partners
- Deliver correspondence to government authorities and assist in processing various permits (such as airport pass etc)
- Assist in customs’ clearance of project goods
- Perform other duties as assigned
3. Vehicle Maintenance:
- Conduct weekly vehicle inspection and determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs
- Check oil, water and tires properly and keep the vehicle in clean condition, both inside and outside
- Keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tire condition and report to Supervisor for action
- Obtain quotes for minor vehicle maintenance
- Follow up on safety sticker renewal and registrations
Key Organizational Relationships
- Reports to Senior Program & Administrative Assistant
- Works with staff in the Ethiopia office on all operations related activities
- External suppliers and stakeholder organizations in Ethiopia
- Job Requirements:
Qualifications and Skills
- 12th Grade complete with basic technical knowledge.
- A minimum of five years’ experience.
- A minimum of Grade three valid driving licenses with a good driving record.
2. Key Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations.
- Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
- Good command of English language.
3. Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered desirable for the specific post):
- Good knowledge and skill in Auto Mechanics.
- Ability to sit/drive for long periods of time and potentially over poor road conditions.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment;
- Initiative, committed and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff.
- Be honest, ethical and committed.
- How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified candidates can appy through email email@example.com
See Job Detail or Apply