Director, Business Systems Department
The Director, Business Systems Department provides the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing IS initiatives that create customer and/or business value. Responsibilities include influencing and directing NIB’s IS critical applications like Core Banking System to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change and growth in line with the corporate strategy.
Key Performance Areas and Activities:
- Align IT strategy to enable the Bank’s corporate strategy
- Evaluate customer requirements, prepare and present proposals, design and deliver solutions to meet customerobjectives.
- Develop IS policies and procedures to enable consistency and good governance.
- Manage the smooth operations, Bank’s mission critical applications and lead the inhouse development and applications.
- Protect the Bank and its operations against IS risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels.
- Prepare periodic reports to the Board and other relevant forums.
- Propose and obtain strategic approval for IS projects to enable corporate strategy implementation.
- Optimize the return on the Bank’s IS investment by acquiring cost- justified IS components, as measured by performance, support availability, price, upgradeability, and future industry trends.
- Ensure collaboration amongst the staff with other Departments and relevant stakeholders for the purpose of cultivating collective responsibility to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information System, Software Engineering or any other equivalent field.
- Professional ICT qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), CCNS or other equivalent and recognized qualifications
- Master’s degree in Information Technology related field
Required Work Experience:
- At least 12 years of relevant experience of which 5 years in Leadership Level.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and non-returnable Supporting documents in person to NIB International Bank HRM Department (Dembel City Center 5th Floor) or Mail to:
P.O. Box 2439
Tel. 011-5 503288
NIB International Bank
See Job Detail or Apply