The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to hire Administrative Associate who will provide finance and administrative services through effective recording, control and delivery of documents, management of VAT applications and other office operational activities and she/he will be a member of Finance unit.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Receives, records and distributes finance documents to the respective staff. Ensures that documents are fully approved and supported as per ILRI authorization matrix;
- Distributes cheque to staff and suppliers checking the receipts provided are correct and contain all the relevant information;
- Maintaining logs of administrative requests, issue timely reminders on uncompleted administrative tasks and identify bottlenecks for timely support;
- Shares a monthly report on all tasks assigned and highlight any patterns for appropriate action to be taken;
- Receiving and assisting customers, setting appointments and responding to customer’s queries;
- Recording customers’ requests and follow up in the absence of the responsible staff.
- Ordering from stores and safeguarding stationery for finance departments;
- Coordinating local and international travel, meetings, workshops and conference logistics and verifying related hotel, housing, catering expenses reports, including invitation lists etc.
- Liaising with all ILRI administrative Units, Research programs, projects and supports units as required to deal with Finance matters;
- Assists visitors on general administrative matters, provides advice and ensures administrative support as required
Process VAT claim from Inland Revenue Authority:
- Extracts from the system and prepares the VAT claims form every end of month just after closing of books;
- Organizes all the appropriate documentation from the payment vouchers attached i.e. receipt, invoices and others;
- Checks if the monthly claims prepared is agreeable with the ledger balance;
- With a covering note passes it to the Finance Manager I - General Accounting for review and checking;
- Registers the approved claim on the register book and submit to the Inland Revenue Authority;
- Follows up with the inland revenue department for settlement;
Creditor Invoices/Expense Claim Authorizations:
- Reviews invoices and other expense claims as they are delivered;
- Resolves invoice and other claims discrepancies;
- Provides first check for payment authorization.
Maintaining the Finance database and record keeping:
- Maintaining the Finance database and record keeping
- Storing, arranging, indexing and classifying various financial records;
- Maintaining a database of suppliers and other external customers’ contacts;
- Overseeing the management of electronic and/or paper-based information;
- Responding to internal and/or external information enquiries;
- Reviewing and documenting records management resources;
- Ensures sensitive information is kept confidential;
- Filling finance documents & retrieving documents during Audit;
- Maintaining and updating a proper filing system for the Unit documents;
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
- At least Diploma from a recognized university in Finance and Accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- Computer skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Grade: HG 10
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 9,610 (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: AO/08/2020 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: https://ift.tt/31Xbs5j or before 24 February 2020.
See Job Detail or Apply