The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Logistic and Administration
- Maintain an updated knowledge of the general situation of the WATHAB (Water and Habitat Department’s program (technical and financial implementation rate, etc.).
- Maintain a thorough and updated knowledge of WatHab (Water and Habitat Department), Administrative and Logistic procedures, templates and deadlines. Assist WH team members in applying those procedures.
- Support the WatHab team in the preparation of SR’s and OD’s
- Support WH team members in the organizations of field trips, including travel requests and bookings
- In coordination with authorities, support the WatHab team in the organization of workshops and trainings
- Follow-up all payments with administration and logistics;
- Together with WatHab team members, follow-up on a monthly basis the financial status of the projects and any additional PO signed
- Based on monthly expenditure reports shared by Admin and in collaboration with the WatHab team, check all entries and ensure projects’ direct cost under WPA and financial follow-up sheet are up to date
- Following consultation with WatHab team, consolidates and submits monthly cash requests to Finance
- Reply to all requests for additional information from admin, including comments from Manila, in consultation with WH delegates and engineers
Information Management and filing
- Organize and maintain the department's filing according to WatHab internal guidelines.
- Focal point for the management of the department team space in SharePoint;
- Adjust/develop the structure of the team space in close coordination with WatHab Co;
- Responsible for the creation and/or modification of SharePoint doc sets;
- Keep up to date databases
- Record the reception of official letters addressed to the department, ensure their internal distribution, and record the replies;
- Edit all official correspondence from the department so to match the ICRC’ visual identity.
- Consolidate and submit monthly planning to Cooperation
- Consolidate and submit to WOR
- Submit facts and figures to Communication;
- Support the elaboration of WatHab (Wather and Habitat Department) Technical Reports;
- Support the GIS officer in reviewing the consistency of WPA projects reports. Whenever necessary, adjust and/or update WPA projects in close coordination with project managers;
Contacts with interlocutors and service providers
- Maintain the list of the department’ interlocutors updated together with a record of the contacts made by the institution (official invitations, promotional documentation and material, celebrations);
- Maintain the list of the department’ contractors updated, together with the performance assessments from WH engineers, WPA, ROs and POs;
Other office duties
- Manage the department stationary needs, including printers resources;
- Manage WatHab tools and instruments
- Upon request of WatHab Project Engineers, assist in translation.
Education, experience and competencies required
- Minimum University Diploma in Management or relevant field.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in the field
- Basic Accounting knowledge and experience is an Asset.
- Excellent command of English and other local languages an asset.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, Outlooks.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Egziabher Ab Church, Megenagna) OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
See Job Detail or Apply