SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for an Admin Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the HR and Operations Manager in different administrative duties.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!!
As an Admin Assistant, you will be in charge of the following:
- Planning and preparing budget for different administrative needs
- Organizing, compiling, and updating company personnel records and documents
- Managing and updating HR database
- Assist in organizing and managing new employee orientation, onboarding and training programs
- Coordinating and ensuring proper recording, use and timely maintenance of the facilities, building and equipment as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Overseeing procurement procedures are adhered to;
- Organizing and coordinating the efficient provision of office services, transport, maintenance and other general services to program units and staff.
- Ensuring strict confidentiality with respect to all HR file management and correspondences
- Ensuring that license and other required government formalities are fulfilled on time.
- Controlling vehicles such as log sheet, fuel usage, insurance, pertinent reports and related tasks
- Ensuring that vehicles and other movables are maintained and annual inspections are done on time
- Following up and ensuring that monthly payments for utilities are done on time.
- Carry out administrative tasks related to filing and assets management
- Sorting and distributing communications in a timely manner
- Scheduling and planning meetings and appointments
- Monitoring level of office supplies and handle shortages
- Resolving office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Performing other similar duties as assigned by the Program HR/OP manager
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA Degree in Management, or Business administration or related fields
- Two relevant experience in the field
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong set of personal values
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications
- Familiarity with office management procedures
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Proficiency in English language (both in writing and speaking) and Local language
- NGO experience is advantageous
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."
See Job Detail or Apply