Site Engineer P-0976
On behalf of a well-renowned construction firm Adira Employment is recruiting for Site Engineer Position. The organization is a PLC located in Addis Ababa around Gerji with sites in Oromia and SNNPR regions. The places of work are Dilla, Nekemet, Mojo, and Wolita Sodo.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- set out, level and survey the site
- check plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- oversee the selection and requisition of materials
- agree on a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- liaise with the regional authorities to ensure compliance with local construction regulations
- carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors
- plan the work and efficiently organize the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- prepare reports as required
- resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from with 3-6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Supervisory experience is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Amharic languages. If you are applying for sites in Oromia fluency in Oromiffa is required.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
See Job Detail or Apply