Intern to the African Union Commission Campaign to End Child Marriage (Paid)
The African Union Campaign to End Child Marriage was launched continentally in May 2014. The campaign was launched with the aim to accelerate an end to child marriage by raising continental awareness on the effects of the practice. Since its launch, several development partners have supported the campaign in conducting its activities and working towards eliminating child marriage and other harmful practices. The International Planned Parenthood Federation, through its office in Addis Ababa has been a key partner to the African Union Commission, specifically the Department of Social Affairs. As the focal department dealing with issues of children affairs and social protection, the department works with IPPF to tackle issues pertaining to children’s rights, social welfare, and adolescent sexual reproductive health rights.
- Assist the Campaign team in implementing the new Campaign Communication strategy particularly in areas of adolescent sexual reproductive health;
- Assist with engaging with Member states on mainstreaming adolescent SRH into school curricula;
- Prepare presentations and reports on key advocacy events of the Campaign and follow up recommendation from these events to take forward;
- Assist in drafting and edit communications materials (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts;
- Update databases of partners, Member state experts and media contacts among others;
- Facilitate effective internal communications such as logistical and administrative support to the Campaign’s activities including support to the Special Rapporteur and Goodwill Ambassador;
- Perform all other duties may be requested by the supervisor
The Intern will assist the head of Social Welfare and Vulnerable groups and Program Manager of the AU Campaign to End Child Marriage in order to achieve the outcomes as assigned.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Development Studies or Social Sciences, other related discipline.
- Experience in teaching or working an adolescent SRHR
- Experience working in a fast-paced and team oriented environment.
Two years of professional experience working in a regional/International Organization, in a similar position.
- Excellent writing skills in English and ability to work with more than one AU official language is highly desirable;
- Excellent computer skills: experience with digital communications strategy, including social media, email, and website management.
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Supportive of sexual reproductive health rights particularly for adolescents. This is an occupational requirement of this post.
- Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 27 January 2020.
< a href= "https://etcareers.com/job/14241/intern-to-the-african-union-commission-campaign-to-end-child-marriage-paid/">Job Detail /Apply </ a>