Ethiopia: National Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)Advisor, Ethiopia - USAID Land Governance Activity (LGA)
Closing date: 29 Feb 2020
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a National Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor position on the USAID-funded Land Governance Activity (USAID LGA) in Ethiopia. This is a three year role.
The key responsibility of the MEL Advisor will be to lead the Rural Land Administration and Use Directorate (RLAUD)’s monitoring and reporting on the World Bank funded Climate Action through Landscape Management (CALM) Programme, within the context of strengthening and expanding the Government of Ethiopia’s Monitoring and Evaluation for Land Administration (MELA) system. The Advisor will work closely with the government staff who support CALM’s M&E at the federal level, and other CALM officers to help ensure that the MELA system is able to reliably report on the implementation of the CALM Programme as it expands over time.
In Year 1, the Advisor will:
* Review all CALM indicator data to be reported to the MELA;
* Propose improvements to MELA system and develop a plan of action to implement them;
* Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to improve quality of data and reporting standards;
* Monitor reporting and develop data collection tools and methodologies to measure progress and results;
* Develop RLAUD’s MEL work plan and training programs; .
* Refine, deepen and broaden indicators currently included in the MELA Results Framework to better measure progress and results;
* Design and propose monitoring plans and evaluations of MELA processes to improve its performance during implementation and to measure results at its conclusion. Develop budgets for these evaluations
Thereafter, the Advisor will:
* Focus particular attention on ensuring that reliable reporting takes place for CALM woredas and regional states.
* Expand the MELA to cover non-CALM woredas and regional states.
* Review the MELA Results Framework and the initial MELA Theory of Change, and consider how to further develop the Framework to measure Impact, Outcomes, and Outputs, with specific indicators at each level. Or, alternatively, shift to a Logframe mechanism if appropriate to further the implementation of MELA.
* Master’s degree in social science, international development, evaluation research, statistics, economics, quantitative methods or related fields;
* Demonstrated ability to assess and strengthen MEL systems for development projects;
* A minimum of 7 years of experience with a proven professional record in working in the field of monitoring and evaluation;
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Ethiopian nationals strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/MELEthiopiaLGA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.