Ethiopia: Country Logistics & Administration Manager - Ethiopia (National Position)
Closing date: 05 Feb 2020
NRC Ethiopia has been in operation from 2011 and operates out of seven offices across Ethiopia (including the country office). The programmes are responding to a variety of both short onset emergencies as well as protracted crisis depending on the area of operation.
NRC is now looking for a Country Logistics & Administration Manager to manage the overall logistics and admin function across the country programme. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance to NRC standards and donor requirements. Responsible for procurement, fleet management, warehousing and asset management in NRC’s programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that the country set up for logistics complies with NRC Logistic handbook, policies and donor requirements
- Lead the logistics and administration management
- Undertake medium- and long-term planning vis-à-vis logistics requirements
- Capacity building and support of logistic and non-logistic staff with logistical responsibilities
- Conduct periodic compliance checks and implement quality control measures of country logistic functions
- Ensure proper donor compliance and internally reporting is accurately documented
- Ensure that NRC’s resources are utilised in most efficient and effective ways
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost-efficient focus in procedures and trainings
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC logistics and administration standards in all offices Further details of the job can be found on our website.
Qualifications and Competences:
· Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, logistics, supply chain or related field
· Minimum 4 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Ability to follow policies and procedures and work systematically
· Able to work in a team, and motivate others
· Able to analyze information, prioritize and take decisions and responsibility
· Excellent organization and planning skills
· Able to work well under pressure and frequent travel to field offices
· Keen to work in a busy environment, and take pride in working hard and achieving results
· Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and web-based database and use of email
· Strong English language skills, both written and verbal Valid driver’s license
How to apply:
This position is open only to Ethiopian nationals.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by February 05, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”