Ethiopia: Communications, Media and Public Awareness Officer, Ethiopia - USAID Land Governance Activity (LGA)
Closing date: 29 Feb 2020
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Communications, Media and Public Awareness Officer position on a USAID funded Land Governance Activity (USAID LGA) in Ethiopia. This is a three year role.
The key responsibility of this officer will be to lead the Rural Land Administration and Use Directorate (RLAUD)’s public information and awareness activities and reporting on the World Bank funded Climate Action through Landscape Management (CALM Programme) and other projects performance, within the context of strengthening and expanding the establishment of robust land administration system. The officer will work closely with the government staff who support implementation of CALM’s communication activities at the federal and regional levels under the supervision of the Director of the (RLAUD) in the Ministry of Agriculture.
* Develop communication and advocacy strategies to raise public knowledge and awareness of rural land administration and use reforms using mass media and social media;
* Provide technical support to the RLAUD on generating media coverage of land administration and use initiatives, including supervising and ensuring quality of editorial content and provides quality assurance;
* Organize media coverage of CALM activities/events (workshops, trainings, round-tables and presentations) and prepare press-releases, statements, interviews and media-kits as required;
* Provide advisory support for public outreach and consultation activities.
* Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned in consultation with RLAUD’s experts;
* Perform other duties as required
* Master’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, mass media or related field.
* A minimum of 7 years of experience with a proven professional record in working in the field of media and communications;
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Ethiopian nationals strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/ComsEthiopiaLGA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.