Ethiopia: Technical Specialists, Ethiopia
Closing date: 08 Feb 2019
Chemonics seeks multiple technical specialists for the anticipated USAID Health Workforce Improvement Program (HWIP). HWIP will work with the Ministry of Health at the national and subnational levels (regions, zones, and woreda); higher education institutions in healthcare under the Ministry of Education; and targeted health workers’ professional associations with the goal of improving the quality of Ethiopia’s health workforce. The activity seeks to address critical human-resources challenges in Ethiopia’s health sector by focusing on institutional and individual capacity building to improve the quality of pre-service education for priority clinical cadres, improve clinical health care workers’ skills, and build health managers’ human-resources skills.
Chemonics is an ISO 9001-certified international development company that works to promote positive and lasting social and economic change around the world. We take an integrated, multi-sectoral approach to strengthen health systems, focusing on building and enabling country leadership, strengthening local institutions and organizations, and promoting innovations that enable national health systems to meet the essential needs of the people they serve. We are seeking individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are seeking applications for the following leadership and technical positions:
- Chief of party
- Deputy chief of party
- Finance and operations director
- Monitoring and evaluation director
We are seeking senior technical specialists in the following areas:
- Human resources for health (HRH)
- Competency-based pre-service education and training
- Human resources management
- Health and HRH policy and planning
- HRH research and data-for-decision making
- Monitoring, learning, and evaluation
- Collaboration, learning, and adapting
- Capacity development
- Institutional strengthening and accountability
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in relevant discipline
- Proven record of successful delivery of technical assistance on USAID-funded health programs
- Knowledge of government systems at the national and subnational levels
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English
How to apply:
Please apply through https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/297dfedb510747de92194c0ece92ca8c by February 8, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. For any other inquiries, please email us at EthiopiaHWIPRecruit@chemonics.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit fact.