Ethiopia: Finance Manager - Ethiopia
Organization: Fred Hollows Foundation
Closing date: 12 Feb 2019
- Bring your Financial Management experience and expertise and contribute to efforts to improve the eye health of the Ethiopian population
- Leading International Development Organisation in the area of eye health
- Based in Addis Ababa with cluster offices in various towns in Ethiopia
The Fred Hollows Foundation (FHF) is an international development organisation working in more than 25 countries. We help train and empower local eye doctors, nurses and health workers to create a sustainable system of care in the communities that need it most. The work we do has a very clear purpose: to make sure everyone, whether he or she is rich or poor, has access to high quality, affordable eye health.
In Ethiopia, FHF has been supporting the government to eliminate trachoma in the Oromia Region. Our Country Office is based in Addis Ababa, with four operational hubs covering activities in 18 zones in the Oromia region with a work force of more than 80 people in programme, technical, administrative, finance, procurement, logistical, and HR functions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Finance & Operations, the Finance Manager will oversee the Financial Management responsibilities of the Ethiopia country office as well as the cluster offices. Accountable for organising and overseeing the effective and efficient stewardship of resources and systems for the FHF Ethiopia Office and partner’s finances and financial systems through effective implementation of financial policies, procedures (internal controls) and practices of FHF and local legal requirements. Responsible for production of timely quality reporting of financial information for sound decision making and subsequent monitoring through field visits & audit.
Essential criteria includes:
- At least 8 years’ experience in a busy professional organisation, with at least 5 years in INGO environment dealing with the compliance and reporting frameworks outlined by the Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency (CSA), tax and other authorities, and at least 3 years on Supervisory role.
- CPA or ACCA certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
- Knowledge and use of SUN systems is a must.
- High level of computer literacy with sound knowledge of financial accounting software and spreadsheet packages.
- Solid knowledge of full-cycle accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Ability to work well with others under pressure and respond to changes in priorities.
- A person of Integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with strong English.
- Experience dealing with an English speaking head office and matrix reporting environment.
- Ability to travel to remote resource scarce and insecure areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Preparedness to undergo a police check for working with children.
How to apply:
Applications should be made via our website: http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience & skills section of the role purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Applications close: Tuesday 12th February 2019
This position is open to Ethiopia Nationals only who must have the appropriate right to work in Ethiopia.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Fred Hollows Foundation – Ethiopia (FHF-E) has been registered and licensed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Charites and Societies Agency in accordance with Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 621/2009, and certificate number 2985, on 4 March 2013.