Ethiopia: EOI FOR A FACILITATOR/CONSULTANT: THE AFRICAN CHILDREN’S CHARTER PROJECT SECOND PHASE (ACCPII) 2019 REVIEW AND PLANNING WORKSHOP
Organization: Plan International
Closing date: 31 Jan 2019
Overview of the workshop: The African Children’s Charter Project is jointly implemented by five Pan African child rights organizations namely Plan International, ACPF, Save the Children Sweden, the Dullah Omar Institute and the Institute of Human Rights and Development in Africa; with the the goal of realizing children’s rights in Africa through facilitating and promoting the implementation of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC). To achieve its goal and objectives, the project work in close partnership with the African Union (AU), the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACERWC), and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
The African Children’s Charter Project will hold a 3 day Project review and planning workshop which will be held on from the 18th to 20th February 2019 in Addis Ababa – Ethiopia. This workshop will involve the project consortium partners and other stakeholders including the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (‘ACERWC’) and representatives from the ACERWC secretariat in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The workshop objectives include;
- Strategic review of the progress and lessons of the African Children’s Charter Project during the first year (2018) of ACCP2 ;
- Review and update draft Annual work plan and budget for 2019 and M&E plan
- To facilitate open discussion on coordinating efforts among the ACCP, ACERWC, its secretariat and other partners and development of project exit strategy and methods of working with ACERWC
Expected outcomes of the workshop:
- Review of the progress against the work plan for 2018, and against the overall results framework
- Draft Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) discussed and agreed
- The 2019 draft activity and budget implementation plan finalized.
- Draft exit strategy document discussed and next actions planned
- Draft methods of working with the ACERWC discussed and agreed
- Review the management structure of the project, and make decisions on changes, if any.
On behalf of the ACCP consortium, Plan International would like to invite expressions of interest from qualified consultants to submit bids for this assignment under the ACCP that will be coordinated by the Plan Pan Africa office in Addis Ababa.
Facilitation of the workshop: A consultant will be hired to facilitate and manage a consultative process. The facilitator, in consultation with the Project Manager and key project team, will prepare the workshop programme, facilitate the workshop and produce workshop documentation.
Submission of the proposal
Interested applicants should submit to Plan International their technical and financial proposals including: Confirmation of the requirements of the Terms of Reference; Curriculum vitae and statement of capability; Brief outline of consultant’s approach and methodology to achieve the assignment requirements; Work plan for the assignment. The proposal should cover all aspects of preparation, facilitation and support for the final report as described above and proposed fees stating the net of tax and the total gross total figure. It should also indicate all other expenses that will be billed at cost with supporting receipts as per Plan International’s expenses policy.
How to apply:
All proposals must be submitted to the following address: AULiaisonoffice@plan-international.org no later than 31st January 2019, 17:00hrs Addis Time. To access a full Terms of Reference please get to this link