Emergency Communication for Development (C4D) consultant
Oromia, Ethiopia LonAdd Consultancy Plc
Urgent Vacancy Announcement
LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com), Recruitment & Outsourcing Company will be working on behalf of a client in the recruitment process of suitable & knowledgeable candidate, as per our clients specific requirements stated below:
Number required: 1 in Ormoia
Location: Based in the regional HB office with a frequent travels to the actual outbreak sites
Duration – Three months
Start date - ASAP
The Emergency C4D consultant will work under the supervision of Chief of Field Office in the region with the technical support of their respective C4D/WASH,. he /she will work with based in Oromia region with 60 days in the IDP emergency camps.
Planning and implementation
- Undertake assessments in the affected community to identify undesired behaviors of concern requiring intervention
- Explore the under-utilized indigenous platforms to use for message transmission
- Technically lead the development of context specific C4D response plan and ensure the participation, contribution and endorsement of respective federal, regional and local partners under the lead umbrella of the RHB
- Operationalize the comprehensive C4D strategy and develop an implementation work plan with defined budget in consultation with respective Regional/Zonal/Woreda teams
- Initiate implementation partnership with community groups, leaders, schools, CBOs/CSOs and local media for the promotion of agreed behavioural priorities through the identified platforms.
- Provide technical support to strengthen the communication response at the ground level
- In collaboration with W/RHB and respective sectors, organize and support integrated training and sensitization, and community mobilization for various revenant groups including HEWs, youth groups, school communities, religious and traditional leaders.
- Coordinate duplication, prepositioning and distribution of multimedia materials
Monitoring, coordination and reporting
- Undertake regular monitoring and reporting based on agreed indicators
- Prepare monitoring and reporting formats and revise as necessary
- Ensure multi-media materials are distributed to the intended target group and regularly monitor the uptake and bottlenecks of the materials, message, channel and report gaps
- Participate in coordination forums and following up on tasks related to C4D
- Provide regular report including documentation of good practices and lessons in emergency C4D preparedness and response
- The consultant will work under the joint supervision of respective Chief of Field Offices and Regional Health Bureaus.
- The consultant will maintain a strong working relation with the regional, zonal and woreda government representatives/sector bureaus and other non-government partners.
- The consultant will work in close consultation with potential partners at community level including; community leaders, religious leaders, schools, women group and associations/community representatives
- Monthly bases assessments report of all IDP camps (Filed survey-) in Oromia region.
- Final report with a clear C4D strategy.
Expected Background and Experience:
- University degree in Social Science, Health Promotion/Communication, Public Health, Social/Behavior Change Communication, with in-depth understanding of Health and WASH areas.
- Five years of progressive work experience in program communication/C4D, social mobilization and behavioral change communication
- Experience of working in emergency situation.
- Commitment, Drive for Results, Communication, Working with People, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing
- Analytical, interpersonal and advocacy skills, sensitive to and awareness of the local development, good knowledge of computer management and applications.
- Fluency in English and Afan Oromo (both written and oral), Knowledge of local languages is must (as communication interventions will mainly depend on understanding and guiding the local means of message local exchange.
- The consultant will not be provided with lodging and/or meals.
- The consultant will be required to work in remote location.
- The consultant is entitled to DSA
To apply send your CVs to: email@example.com by putting Application for ‘Emergency Communication for Development (C4D) consultant’ in the subject box
Candidates selected should be available immediately.
Application deadline: January 31,2019