Senior Associate, External Relations and Knowledge
Senior Associate, External Relations and Knowledge (East Africa)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
P4F aims to support the emergence of a new investment model in which the public sector, private sector companies and wider communities can achieve better returns from sustainable forestry and land use than they are able to from deforestation and land degradation. The main objective of the programme is to support a set of public-private partnerships (PPPs) and initiatives which demonstrate how the private sector can contribute to a reduction in rates of deforestation, as well as a range of related enabling activities to address the policy environment.
Expected results include improved and more sustainable prevention of deforestation, reforestation of degraded land and leverage of private finance. The programme will also aim to support a transformation to sustainability in markets for commodities that are associated with deforestation, including timber, palm oil, soya, beef, paper and board. Partnerships for Forests currently operates in Latin America, East Africa, West Africa and South East Asia. The project has an expected end date of 2023.
For more information please visit https://ift.tt/2cktBiJ
The Senior Associate, External Relations (East Africa) will be based in the regional office in Addis Ababa with the East Africa team, but will have a close working relationship with the External Relations and Knowledge team in the UK, and team members in other regions. The successful candidate may be required to travel to other project regions.
A 12 month fixed-term contract is offered with a possibility of extension. To be considered for this position you must clearly demonstrate your right to work in Ethiopia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Communications responsibilities (70%)
- Oversee and coordinate communications and outreach activities for the programme in the East Africa region, in order to raise awareness of the programme across a wide range of stakeholders and audiences, and promote the participation and engagement in the programme by private sector actors, national governments, and international and local civil society organisations
- Manage the implementation of communications and outreach activities in the East Africa Region, including activities to support the identification of projects to support, activities to review and strengthen the communications activities of partners and grantees, and activities to capture and share learning from the programme in the form of ‘knowledge products’
- Manage the development of communications materials and products to support regional programme activities, including the development of presentations, one pagers, project summaries etc .
- Work closely with the central project team in the UK and the regional team to align regional communications and outreach activities to programme priorities and ensure consistent messaging
- Supply regular social media content relevant to the region to the External Relations central team
- Organise and participate in events, including online events such as webinars, to highlight the programme and market opportunities
- Travel within the region to support and/or to carry out the implementation of communication and outreach activities
- Participate in relevant management meetings in relation to communication, knowledge management and/or grants management
- Contribute to strategic planning and reporting
Project Officer Responsibilities (30%)
As Project Officer on selected projects (as assigned by the Regional Manager), the Senior Associate will:
- Act as the relationship manager for projects and partnerships in sustainable forestry and land use that are under consideration for funding or are already receiving support from Partnerships for Forests
- Work with project leads at partner/grantee organizations, as well as internal and external experts, to strengthen concept notes, project proposals and other documentation for review by management teams and DFID
- Oversee the implementation of projects by grantees and subcontractors, in close collaboration with the Grants, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Communications teams
- Significant working experience in communications and outreach in the sustainable forestry, agricultural commodity supply chain, natural resource management, PPPs or similar fields
- Experience on DFID programmes or other donor initiatives, will be an advantage
- Qualifications preferable in communications, marketing or branding or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to unpack and communicate complex concepts simply with a range of stakeholders in multi-cultural settings
- Demonstrated experience in external relations, multi-stakeholder facilitation and event management
- Ability to facilitate e-communication and web-based technologies for professional purposes
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with document management, content management and web-based design would be an advantage
- Highly effective communication and high level of proficiency in written and spoken English and French
Please submit a CV (no more than two sides) and covering letter (no more than one side), explaining your interest in the role and highlighting your relevant experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
See Job Detail or Apply