Program and Administrative Officer
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Democracy International
See Job Detail or Apply
Position: Program and Administrative Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Overview: Democracy International (DI) is seeking a qualified candidate to provide administrative and management support to DIs Supporting Political Party Transitions program. The Program and Operations Officer works under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Director. This position is open to Ethiopian nationals only.
Qualified applicants can apply online via the DI job portal: https://ift.tt/2YE83H1. DI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise between DIs home office team in the U.S. and project team in Ethiopia on program tasks, requests and deliverables
- Manage the Senior Project Directors daily office routine including scheduling meetings with partners, receiving visitors and keeping visitors record books, etc.
- Collect and maintain all project files related to human resources, finance, procurements and contracts
- Coordinate all travel logistics for staff including booking flights and hotels, assist in identifying and securing venues for meetings and events and manage and review all vendor contracts and invoices
- Assist in managing project expenses through a review of all program invoices, cash requests from Regional Experts and the development of monthly projections to submit to home office
- Supports the Senior Project Director in communications with civil society organizations, NGOs, and government bodies as needed
- Provide support in organizing meetings, trainings, workshops and other project events
- Collect and prepare data and background information and edit documents, as requested by the Sr. Project Director
- Must hold a Diploma in business administration, political science, social administration, development studies, management or other relevant from a recognized institution
- At least two years of administrative and/or program management experience, including managing files, invoices and planning events
- Previous experience working with civil society and/or NGO in Ethiopia is preferred
- Previous experience working with international donors such as USAID, U.S Dept. of State and/or UN agencies is preferred.
- Must be willing to demonstrate high degree of non-partisanship and neutrality
- Advanced English reading and writing skills
- Must be available and willing to travel as necessary
- Interest and/or experience in international development, governance and/or peacebuilding, is preferred.
See Job Detail or Apply